which app for waypoints

Reaction score
Just wondering which app you guys prefer for way points missions etc..
On the phantom 4
Litchi or ultimate flight v3?

Litchi is my vote but that's because I only have used that one but it's great.

I used Litchi one time with my P4 just to try it out. I created a simple script with about 8 or 9 waypoints, a few pictures, start and stop the video. Worked fine for me. I'm a newbie, but just passed my Part 107 test so I can do aerial imaging commercially, and scripted waypoints would be a great tool for jobs where I have to come back and take the same exact pictures multiple times, such as over the course of a construction job. I really wish that DJI Go had the waypoint scripts built-in, but Litchi looks very promising. If there is a better way to go, I'd love to know what it is!

The P4 works fine with Litchi. You have to deal with the unpredictable P4 tilted horizon & occasional gimbal hiccup but that's a P4 thing not Litchi.

Wow great work that looks amazing

I'm very keen on trying out litchi

So its a pretty stright forward process getting it connected to the p4 and then navigating around the app and creating waypoints?

The P4 works fine with Litchi. You have to deal with the unpredictable P4 tilted horizon & occasional gimbal hiccup but that's a P4 thing not Litchi.

Thank you. Read the Litchi manual before you begin but it's pretty simple to figure out. Start small & do your homework on altitudes necessary to safely complete your missions. Litchi is a blast!

Wow great work that looks amazing

I'm very keen on trying out litchi

So its a pretty stright forward process getting it connected to the p4 and then navigating around the app and creating waypoints?

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
And as DirtyBird alluded to, check and re-check and check again all of your points. The easiest mistake to make is to set a waypoint altitude too low and the results can, of course, be catastrophic. It's a great tool. One that can very valuable, but it's going to do EXACTLY what you tell it to do. No more and no less. It's one helluva tool when you use it to its potential and pay attention to details.

Thank you. Read the Litchi manual before you begin but it's pretty simple to figure out. Start small & do your homework on altitudes necessary to safely complete your missions. Litchi is a blast!

Dirty bird you mentioned that sometimes the P4 has a tilted horizon
Have you had the same issue in DJI go aswell?

Have you manged to adjust this?
What did you do?

Litchi is a great app and has the accompanying flight school on Udemy which teaches you about all of their features.

AutoPilot is also great and very powerful with accompanying videos. It is more advanced than Litchi.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

And as DirtyBird alluded to, check and re-check and check again all of your points. The easiest mistake to make is to set a waypoint altitude too low and the results can, of course, be catastrophic. It's a great tool. One that can very valuable, but it's going to do EXACTLY what you tell it to do. No more and no less. It's one helluva tool when you use it to its potential and pay attention to details.

And did I not read on the P4 forum section something about changing settings in Litchi, that some of them seem to be mission specific while others seem to be "global" settings??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4