Which antenna mod for low altitude long distance

Did you ever figure out a solution?
I'm looking for the same thing now...low altitude range.

No, but from my research seems the ItElite panel antenna will probably give me the best success. I haven't tried it yet, though

No, but from my research seems the ItElite panel antenna will probably give me the best success. I haven't tried it yet, though
can you use a tripod for your controller? that will help keep the signal it's not moving around. there is a lot of verables with flying. if you next to make around or the drone needs to be flying at different angles out at 1 mile. If you can just fly straight in a line use a tripod adjust it to where you want to go (aiming it). by doing this most of the panel antennas will work. The biggest problem is keeping in side the window (the area the antenna is aiming at). If your only looking to go 2 & 3 miles. you should be able to do it with better antenna's on the controller & boosted. for extra insurance. As I shown and stated I've flown out to 3.4 miles just over 125 ft alt. with the stock antenna's and a wind surfer. You said flat ground but is there tree's or other objects that may be in the way?

I need to be able to fly less than 100ft altitude over flat land or ocean 2-3 miles. Due to the nature of wifi signals, this is very difficult to accomplish without raising altitude or decreasing distance.
Which antenna mod would accomplish this task?
Please respond if you have actual experience or technical expertise on FPVLR, ItElite or other antenna mod.

I know with these new panel antennas, i've been able to fly lower than ever. Which really helps because I'm not fighting the wind as much when I can stay 80 to 100 feet for so far out[emoji41]

No trees or other things in the way. Flying over the ocean to get whales. The season is past, but they'll be back in december. I'll be ready with my panel antenna mod!!

Reactions: dirtybum
No trees or other things in the way. Flying over the ocean to get whales. The season is past, but they'll be back in december. I'll be ready with my panel antenna mod!!

I don't know how far you plan on going out but I took the terminator panel out this morning 50,000 feet unboosted. I flew the first 3 miles of that about 80 feet high and I only climbed because I had to go over 230 foot tall powerlines.

Reactions: 2nd2non
Thinking outside the box here; consider using a P3 standard or 4K, one that uses wifi instead of lightbridge. Then you can use a cheap wifi repeater and put that somewhere at a high(er) elevation. I do this with my bebop 2, using a $15 or so USB powered xiaomi repeater, I have no problems reaching 1,5Km (possibly further, didnt try).

You can go even further with this approach, like flying your repeater with another RC craft, or a kite. And nothing prevents you from using multiple repeaters along the way if that somehow is feasible or desirable for your application.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20