Which Antenna is better for my Fatshark Attitudes?

Reaction score
Which antenna is better for my Fatshark Attidudes...Cloverleaf 3-4 blades or a Circular Polarized Antenna. I've seen them on Ebay from $10 to $100+. I don't have a clue on which ones to buy. I have the Phantom 2 with the Zenmuse gimbal and the Fatshark Attitude goggles. Plus, there is nothing online to show you how to solder which wires together. They are all different colors.

I NEED HELP!!!!!! PLEASE!!! I'm ready to fly this thing. The Phantom 2 has 4 wires, the Fatshark Attitudes have 5 wires. The colors are all different. I know how to solder but I'm not an electrician so I really don't understand all the technical stuff.

I can't find any videos on youtube on soldering the Phantom 2 and the Fatshark Attitudes together.

Attachments

• Photo on 1-12-14 at 11.12 AM.jpg
    Photo on 1-12-14 at 11.12 AM.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 536
Re: Which is Antenna is better for my Fatshark Attitudes?

Red = 5v out
Black = Ground
Yellow = Video In
White = Audio Left In
Green = Audio Right In

If you have a Gopro running on a battery, just connect yellow and black to whatever connection you have on your gopro.

I don't know if I'll be much help, but; I have an FPV system, Zenmouse, and four wires going into it. The middle wire is not used. I believe one of your wires may be for a 2nd video input, OR, to enable head-tracking.
On the Phantom, 2 wires are for power, and 2 wires are for the video signal from the Go Pro.
Maybe this instruction guide from my FPV system will help;
http://image.helipal.com/helipal-ts382-rc832-manual.pdf

Here are some pictures of my FPV set-up, with the four wires coming out of the Zenmouse....

As for Antenna's; I use a Circular Polarizing Antenna that works great. But, I'm also getting the Spironet Antenna's to try out. Either one should be fine. I've gone 400 meters away, and 50 meters up from that distance, rotated 360 degree's and didn't drop signal. I also have iOSD.

havasuphoto said:
I don't know if I'll be much help, but; I have an FPV system, Zenmouse, and four wires going into it. The middle wire is not used. I believe one of your wires may be for a 2nd video input, OR, to enable head-tracking.
On the Phantom, 2 wires are for power, and 2 wires are for the video signal from the Go Pro.
Maybe this instruction guide from my FPV system will help;
http://image.helipal.com/helipal-ts382-rc832-manual.pdf

Here are some pictures of my FPV set-up, with the four wires coming out of the Zenmouse....

As for Antenna's; I use a Circular Polarizing Antenna that works great. But, I'm also getting the Spironet Antenna's to try out. Either one should be fine. I've gone 400 meters away, and 50 meters up from that distance, rotated 360 degree's and didn't drop signal. I also have iOSD.

Which IOSD do you have? Will I be able to see it through my fatshark attitudes?

Thanks guys...I really appreciate the response.

Ton4 said:
Red = 5v out
Black = Ground
Yellow = Video In
White = Audio Left In
Green = Audio Right In

If you have a Gopro running on a battery, just connect yellow and black to whatever connection you have on your gopro.

Ton4, I promise you man I'm an idiot when it comes to this. You telling me what the wires are isn't enough. I need a photo or for you to tell me which wires to connect together. I'm a photographer by profession so we can talk cameras and setups till the cows come home. Thanks for your help.

[/quote]
Which IOSD do you have? Will I be able to see it through my fatshark attitudes?[/quote]
I have the DJI iOSD Mini. I have no clue how that information gets into the video channel.
Remember-I have a Phantom 1.0 with a Zenmous Gimbal. The Go Pro 3 plugs into the Gimbal using the rear data port of the camera.
My advise is to find some Hobby Shop, that knows what they are doing, and pay them to set up your system. OR, send it to someone. Trying to do it yourself by watching Youtube video's or reading instructions, to me, is just too frustrating.
I paid to have my system all set-up. AND, if I get another Phantom(fat chance there-DJI needs to really step up their customer support before they get another of my Dollars), I would pay someone to set everything up-again.

I am sorry. Zenmuse works different from an "ordinary" gimbal as I have. Thought it all was the same. :oops:

Maybe this helps a bit:

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1415

Avidphoto said:
Ton4 said:
Red = 5v out
Black = Ground
Yellow = Video In
White = Audio Left In
Green = Audio Right In

Ton4, I promise you man I'm an idiot when it comes to this. You telling me what the wires are isn't enough. I need a photo or for you to tell me which wires to connect together. I'm a photographer by profession so we can talk cameras and setups till the cows come home. Thanks for your help.

Ton4 said:
I am sorry. Zenmuse works different from an "ordinary" gimbal as I have. Thought it all was the same. :oops:

Maybe this helps a bit:

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1415

Avidphoto said:
Ton4 said:
Red = 5v out
Black = Ground
Yellow = Video In
White = Audio Left In
Green = Audio Right In

No...because the Zenmouse converts the HD video out to SD, and there is no audio out, hence only 4 wires.

Like I said; pay a professional to set-up your system. IF you do it wrong-it could cost you more, in 1 crash ;)

Which IOSD do you have? Will I be able to see it through my fatshark attitudes?[/quote]
I have the DJI iOSD Mini. I have no clue how that information gets into the video channel.
Remember-I have a Phantom 1.0 with a Zenmous Gimbal. The Go Pro 3 plugs into the Gimbal using the rear data port of the camera.
My advise is to find some Hobby Shop, that knows what they are doing, and pay them to set up your system. OR, send it to someone. Trying to do it yourself by watching Youtube video's or reading instructions, to me, is just too frustrating.
I paid to have my system all set-up. AND, if I get another Phantom(fat chance there-DJI needs to really step up their customer support before they get another of my Dollars), I would pay someone to set everything up-again.[/quote]

Spoken like a man with wisdom...experience. Thanks, that's some heat advice!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr