Where's the pics

Reaction score
Video recordings are recorded in the iPad app but can't seem to find the pics. Do the pics stay on the card and only the videos transfer automatically to the app?

The video and pics are on the card. The video I think you're referring to is the cached video.

Video recordings are recorded in the iPad app but can't seem to find the pics. Do the pics stay on the card and only the videos transfer automatically to the app?
The videos cached on the iPad are recordings of your live 720p view that are saved while you are recording video. They aren't "transferred" versions of the recording on the card.

I agree that it's counterintuitive that it doesn't do the same thing with photos. You do have to download those.

The videos that are stirred in your GO app library are low res files. It just a cache of what your bird filmed that day. It's literally a recording of what you saw on your mobile device, including any choppiness or video loss.

The full high res video is in your memory card.

You mean there's better res videos and pics on the card?! I was impressed with the quality of the cached content on the iPad [emoji2]. Does the bird have the ability to play the video files while plugged directly into the tv or does it require a driver? Will I lose vid quality if downloaded to my old (4yrs) laptop?

You mean there's better res videos and pics on the card?!

I was impressed with the quality of the cached content on the iPad [emoji2]. Does the bird have the ability to play the video files while plugged directly into the tv or does it require a driver?

Will I lose vid quality if downloaded to my old (4yrs) laptop?

Yes
No bird does not act as a replay unit.
If you shoot 4K your old laptop will not have the grunt to replay video.

Great now I gotta buy a new laptop. The warden is not going to like this.

What are you going to play them on? (I assume you have a 4K TV?) if so just use the laptop to transfer the files onto whatever medium you usually use to play 4K (unless you're one of the masses who got a 4K TV and have never played anything in 4K on it)

No. Only got the plasma screen. Top notch HD picture.
I Downloaded the couple vids I've made so far with the bird onto my laptop. It plays the vids on the laptop very choppy, not really watchable. But the quality of the 4K video that i can see is impressive.
I've watched the "city's in 4K" videos on YouTube thru the tv and the quality on my plasma screen is jaw dropping. So im hoping the bird will give me the same results. Now to shop for a new laptop.....$2500 for the bird and case and all the kibble and bits for it.......hopefully the queen bee will give me the royal nod.

Should be as simple as uploading your vids to YouTube then and watching on your TV that way. It doesn't matter how slow/old your a laptop is for that.

If the TV isn't 4K (and I'm not knocking that at all) you could film in 1080p, it will give you more storage on the card, be easier for the laptop to manage and upload faster. This will be just as good quality as the cities in 4K you've watched. It's just originally filmed in 1080 rather than downscales to 1080 on the fly (some will argue 4K downscales to 1080 is better than original 1080, however the difference is less than the quality lost by youtubes compression so I wouldn't worry.

However YouTube does compress them quite a lot so if you want the ultimate in quality this isn't as good as 1080 or 4K could be.
Can your TV play content from a flash disk? If so you should be able to just copy the files onto one (again 1080 may work better than 4K from a playback.

Last edited:
No the LG model tv I have won't play videos directly from a flash drive :(. Maybe I'll try uploading a video to YouTube to test.

No the LG model tv I have won't play videos directly from a flash drive :(. Maybe I'll try uploading a video to YouTube to test.

Well you could put a hold on the new laptop, but instead spring for a new 4K TV that will replay directly from a flash drive/hard drive. That may in fact MAKE the Warden happy:)
Grab a 4K video file that you have shot and take it down to the local electrical retailer and get them to replay it on one of the very large 4K TV's ... it's a bit of a like wow!!

Well you could put a hold on the new laptop, but instead spring for a new 4K TV that will replay directly from a flash drive/hard drive. That may in fact MAKE the Warden happy:)
Grab a 4K video file that you have shot and take it down to the local electrical retailer and get them to replay it on one of the very large 4K TV's ... it's a bit of a like wow!!

Good advice - I did that in Harvey norman one quiet afternoon, was in there for an hour watching all my 4k stuff on various huge tvs. Might buy one soon..

You'll probably end up upgrading your computer rig anyways...
After watching silent stunning 4K with random jerky movements, you'll start thinking, "mmm, wouldn't that look nice with some Justin Bieber back ground music and some cut and shut fade in and out transition".

The P3Pro is like a gateway drug for GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) where you need to get the latest and greatest..

It would be nice if the iPad would capture the 4K so I could use the iMovie app to edit! Anyway to transfer the 4K to it? Why does everything have to get complicated?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj