Where's the easy money?

Reaction score
I know I have no cred on this board, so don't answer if you don't want to, but

HYPOTHETICALLY, if the FAA lifted any restriction on UAV's under 2kg, or whatever a loaded Phantom weighs, where is the easy money?

Real Estate
Weddings
Training
Agriculture
Construction
Inspection

I saw a guy offering a loaded Ag drone and a day of training for $8k

http://www.myeasternshoremd.com/new...cle_79268b3d-8d40-57ca-80f4-bb7ca8c62f3d.html

ProfessorStein said:
Lol! Thanks Mal, I needed that.
Very welcome. We got interviewed on 3 tv shows and it went viral all over the world. If you google "quadcopter tooth pull" I think we come up on every result for the first 17 or 18 pages of results :)

I seem to have a knack for viral videos. Ive had 3 go kinda viral with 750k views between them. but the tooth pull beats them all hands down ;)

ProfessorStein, yep, I'm a lazy dog, a Phantom mercenary. Have quad, will travel and shoot for dough.

Then you, too, might get a free RE700 extender... BY MISTAKE... Kwad. ;-)

But, in all seriousness about your OP... YOU need to decide what you enjoy doing, and for what money. No one can really do that for you.

AND, of course, we're not really playing in the hypothetical. Real Estate would probably be easy money... but I'm guessing, because of all the press lately (the FAA named real estate, specifically, as a commerical use of drones that it considers to be against regulations), no realtor wants to touch it right now.

Personally, I love the volcano and the fireworks fly-ins. Brilliant. Kids baby teeth are out and I don't think it'll work on wisdom teeth. Of course, perhaps, EPIC FAIL on the wisdom teeth might go viral.

ProfessorStein, I'm following the FAA and all the drone stories Google News dumps in my inbox.

Did not get the RE700 reference. I'll try to figure it out after this post.

I saw that NRT banned all drone videos, but I get these luxury real estate mags and unless someone is scaling trees or has a helicopter, these are 100% drone pictures they are using.

Indeed... I'm not saying it's not done. But if you do it, you're treading in unknown waters right now.

Also, remember that the commercial drone policy was really just announced relatively recently. So some of the footage and shots you're seeing were probably shot before it was in place.

Maybe my next one could be a baby delivered by drone. Not like a stork, more like a rope tied around it

Agreed. Here, check this realtor out:

http://www.dwellus.com/aerial/

This is all illegal according to the FAA, but I looked it up, and the last property in McLean, VA is also in the Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) around Washington DC.

And, the guy just posts this on his website!!!

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Dentistry, this video has netted me €3500 so far :)
http://youtu.be/SlHHS7IC7M0

Mal, that is the price that this hobby has cost me so far :lol: :lol:
(because of pilot errors by poor eyesight vs trees and powerlines) :geek:
Maybe I should be a dronedentist like you :mrgreen:

Lets suppose I've made money doing some of those exact things you list. I certainly wouldn't announce it publically.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31