Where to learn for exam

Reaction score
Hi all
Where is a site or place where we can get the training/learning material in order to write the advanced exam without paying through the nose like $600 plus?. Cannot
Afford that much
Thanks

It might help if you tell the members where you're located and what country you're in so they can give more appropriate suggestions.

It's not cheap to be a professional operation.

Reactions: Jim Canada
Hi me bad. I’m in Canada and just fly recreationally. However I do want to take video and shoot photography above people so would need the advanced certificate or licence whatever it is? Thanks

Go to AMA website.
In a conversation with AMA, Model Aeronautics Association of Canada(MAAC) President Peter Schaffer stated MAAC members are exempt from these new regulations.

Although to fly over people etc you would need to pass exam?

Hey.. Try clicking the link, do some reading, It may provide some of the info you've requested..

I'm thinking a member of "Model Aeronautics Association of Canada" flying as a hobbyist will be exempt from the new laws.
I know that with a yearly membership for the United States AMA the benefits outweigh the initial costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: lasersbee
I used the Drone Pilot Ground School which was really good. I'm not sure if Canada will use the same as US for their test but I think you can do really well on the test by just watching Tony Nothrups YouTube video along with 3DR's and a couple of others.
Do a search on YouTube for Canada drone test and you will probably get a lot of channels. As long as you can read a chart, you have a good shot at passing as I found the majority of questions dealt with charts one way or another.
Good Luck

Reactions: DavidGnew
Reactions: DavidGnew
I paid 0 dollars for training, all the info is on the FAA website, it's a lot of reading, but I have also had some flight training in the past, so it wasn't too difficult for me. You can also sign up for the FAASTeam website, they have frees Activities, courses, seminars, etc Safer Skies Through Education - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

Drone Attorney and Legal Assistance - is another good site to get info, there's a free practice test and other goodies on here.

This will work for Canada right?

MAAC members are only exempt at MAAC flying fields.
To fly less than 100 ft but more than 15 ft from people will require the Advanced certificate.
Flying over an assembly of people will still require the Advanced pilot to have the SFOC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik