Where to get good batteries?

Reaction score
I have been looking for a spare battery for my P3S, so the only batteries I see usually are some brand called powerextra with bad reviews. I want legit DJI batteries, anywhere I can get one for a good price?

It depends on where you live. If in the US, apparently they can be so cheap that they come free with cornflakes. The rest of the world, the price hardly varies from the official dji price.

Here are a few places to buy OEM P3 batteries:

No need to check. Just click my links above.

I have been checking there, the only batteries I found that are not 150+, are powerextra.
The battery at the eBay link msinger posted shows as $110 for me.

Just be careful when you buy your battery for your P3S. Remeber your battery you use is the brain of the drone.

Just be careful when you buy your battery for your P3S. Remeber your battery you use is the brain of the drone.
Yeah that's why I don't want any non-DJI batteries. On reviews of the ripoff brands, there is some people saying the batteries are unstable.. don't want my drone falling out of the sky.

Yeah that's why I don't want any non-DJI batteries. On reviews of the ripoff brands, there is some people saying the batteries are unstable.. don't want my drone falling out of the sky.

Yeah that is very true. Um, I purchased a DJI Phantom 3 from Best Buy a while ago. Although its more expensive than other batteries, it the best one to trust.

I buy from an Irish Dealer on eBay ... at about £75 all in .... genuine DJI ....

I do have one clone battery ..... similar price ... works exactly same.

Nigel

Be careful with the "legit" DJI batteries from Amazon/Ebay. Read the reviews. People are saying that they are fake. Just order them direct from DJI and be done with it. You don't want to lose a $500 drone because you saved $20.

The biggest thing with non dji batteries is the firmware upgrades from dji gave in the past rendered them unusable. With that being said I bought a powerextra battery from Amazon. Flight time is the same as dji battery. Only differences are the LED charge indicator lights are a bit dimmer (not an issue) and while you don't get the "snap" when you insert the battery it is in fact secured tight as the dji battery. I've tried to pull it out repeatedly probably using more force than I should and can't budge it. Had I researched this better before my purchase I would have waited for the dji battery. I've found DJI batteries on Amazon for just over $100, with Powerextra coming in at $80. Like i said at this point I'd buy DJI battery if I had to do it again but the Powerextra battery is ok.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

eBay is not a bad place to buy unless you buy from 'dubious locations' .....

eBay and Paypal especially if linked to a Credit Card gives you protection and even shipping refund in many cases ...

I have had 1 bad experience from a bad seller ..... but the hundreds of other have been excellent including the few that I have claimed against. Proper details ... chance given to seller to solution ...... if no joy - pass all to Paypal / eBay ....

The only item I would advise not to do ... there are occasions that Paypal may ask for a Credit Card claim to be cancelled ... DO NOT CANCEL .....

Nigel

Have to correct ... the Irish seller actually sells 3rd Party batterys ....

The battery is literally indistinguishable from the DJI one ... it just doesn't have that fancy sticker on the front !!

The stories about FW upgrades bricking 3rd party batterys .... I have to laugh !! Sorry but I have to. I have only ever read one report of this with P3 batterys ... and then the report was not definitive. It was full of maybes and maybe that ...

Nigel

I purchased two DJI OEM batteries from Walmart online total cost taxes/shipping included worked out to $110.39 each.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj