Where to fly?

Reaction score
I am a new drone pilot with about 5 flights so far.
I received the p3p 3 weeks ago and the only reason I haven't been flying more is that I have spend most of the time looking for locations to fly.

I had a really bad experience on one of my first flights where a really angry man came up to me and accused me of filming his back yard. He threatened to hit me and destroy my drone if it ever happened again. I eventually talked him down and he ended up saying have a good day.
I was flying at 50-80m up and a good (hard to judge) horizontal distance away from where I presume he lived and was filming the horizon.

So now I'm really careful not to fly anywhere near homes. Along with that, I obviously obey the current rules and regulations which in Denmark is 150 meters from buildings, below 100 meters of altitude and not over public road.

I feel that it leaves me with very few places to fly and the ones that I have found, like fields etc., makes it hard to create interesting footage.

Where do you guys fly and have you had similar bad experience with aggressive people?

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Jonas

I fly outside my home. I take off and go directly up to 225 feet and fly at that level for most of my flight and I'm constantly moving. So, no one accuses me of staying over their place.

I also selected some areas near my home where there are no people or homes. I fly mostly there over undeveloped land.

Reactions: JonasHess
I fly in public parks that are wide and open. Also out in the country over crop fields and ponds and small lakes. No way would I fly this loud craft in my neighborhood, you're just asking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I fly in public parks that are wide and open. Also out in the country over crop fields and ponds and small lakes. No way would I fly this loud craft in my neighborhood, you're just asking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
Ill agree, it's loud. That' why I keep it up there around 225-250 feet

Not sure if this applies in your area, but I have been using my golf course I belong to.. In the evenings I can go out there and test camera settings and filters, etc.. A year ago I was doing just this, snapped a few sunset pics and sent them to one friend.. within a week I was asked to do a full video/photo shoot, etc. Another idea is to go find abandoned/run-down factories and go start at an area that's not trespassing and go fly over or around the facility.. Just don't choose anywhere that anyone could get upset, aka use common sense and don't go film something that someone might care about (crazy or not)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic