Where to drone in Ireland

Reaction score
Hi folks. With drone laws being tougher. Where is it possible to drone in Ireland north and south without breaking any laws if post the footage to youtube?

https://www.iaa.ie/docs/default-source/misc/drone-safety---dos-and-don'ts.pdf

Not as strict as most places. Low Population and mostly rural country gives a lot of place. But the biggest thing is to ask permission, people are usually okay with it if you are polite. But if told no, drop it and move on.

There is also a ban on flying drones over heritage sites, so check places before to make sure they aren't on the list. Usually that means the most popular touristy sites, the ban was because people were flying too dangerously around people and getting way too close to the historical places and risked damage.

Where about are you planning on visiting? might be able to give you more specific locations. We have so much breathtaking scenery for such small country.

I have checked the flyryte map and was wondering
Would beaches along co clare and Donegal be ok or on lough corrib,
Or the burren.

Was wondering if ok at Dunguaire castle? Is it a heritage castle on a list. Where is the list please.
I fly reponsibly within the rules with a registered drone and only want to do it for my youtube channel and not professionally.

Forums>General Discussion>
Where to drone in Ireland
Tags: Add Tags
Unwatch Thread

1. My Food Travels
    Hi folks. With drone laws being tougher. Where is it possible to drone in Ireland north and south without breaking any laws if post the footage to youtube?

#1Saturday at 8:11 AM

2. SeanMulkerrin
    Newhttps://www.iaa.ie/docs/default-source/misc/drone-safety---dos-and-don'ts.pdf

Not as strict as most places. Low Population and mostly rural country gives a lot of place. But the biggest thing is to ask permission, people are usually okay with it if you are polite. But if told no, drop it and move on.

There is also a ban on flying drones over heritage sites, so check places before to make sure they aren't on the list. Usually that means the most popular touristy sites, the ban was because people were flying too dangerously around people and getting way too close to the historical places and risked damage.

Where about are you planning on visiting? might be able to give you more specific locations. We have so much breathtaking scenery for such small country.

#2Saturday at 11:19 AM
    Like Reply

3. oconnb
    NewCheck out drone girl Ireland on YouTube
    Drone Girl

#3Saturday at 4:18 PM
    Like Reply

4. My Food Travels
    Or the burren.

Was wondering if ok at Dunguaire castle? Is it a heritage castle on a list. Where is the list please.
    I fly reponsibly within the rules with a registered drone and only want to do it for my youtube channel and not professionally

Or the burren.

I fly reponsibly within the rules with a registered drone and only want to do it for my youtube channel and not professionally.

The Burren is classified as a heritage area, so thats a no fly zone. Dunguarie Castle doesn't seem to be on the OPW list of heritage sites, but it looks like a heavily touristed area and a place of business so i'd definitely ask them ahead of time for permission on that one.

Here is the list: List of heritage sites (Republic of Ireland) - Wikipedia

The Burren is classified as a heritage area, so thats a no fly zone. Dunguarie Castle doesn't seem to be on the OPW list of heritage sites, but it looks like a heavily touristed area and a place of business so i'd definitely ask them ahead of time for permission on that one.

Here is the list: List of heritage sites (Republic of Ireland) - Wikipedia

Thanks for that.
So are beaches next to towns like kilkee ok. Is it ok to fly near loop head?

Where would you recommend to fly including NIreland?

Thanks for that.
So are beaches next to towns like kilkee ok. Is it ok to fly near loop head?

Where would you recommend to fly including NIreland?

Basically if it's not a no-fly zone. Any public area that is more than 30 metres away from a building, person, or vehicle is okay to fly in. If it looks like you might need permission try to ask. If you are bothering people stop and move on.

I don't know much about NI. ill assume is covered by UK regulations which are more strict as far as I know.

Basically if it's not a no-fly zone. Any public area that is more than 30 metres away from a building, person, or vehicle is okay to fly in. If it looks like you might need permission try to ask. If you are bothering people stop and move on.

I don't know much about NI. ill assume is covered by UK regulations which are more strict as far as I know.
Thankyou for taking the time to reply its been most helpful.

Reactions: SeanMulkerrin
https://www.iaa.ie/docs/default-source/misc/drone-safety---dos-and-don'ts.pdf

Hi i notice Its ok to fly in the airspace at newgrange. Is it possible to drone it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers