Where to buy P3A in UK?

Reaction score
Trying to decide between the standard and the advanced, but I'm struggling to justify the cost of the advanced. Anyone got any advice on where to buy cheaply?
Don't want to void warranty even though it seems like the warranty is pointless anyway.

The advantage of Pro over Advanced is quite hard to justify, especially when Advanced cn do 2K video, but the Standard's wifi based control is similar to the Phantom 2 and far less reliable than the Lightbridge.
OK you don't often need to go much more than 500m but there are other factors such as how well it performs round obstructions and areas with lots of routers nearby on same frequencies to consider.
There are a significant number of posts on here where people have bought the Standard and regretted it or traded up in a very short time.

Reactions: Mr Crowley
The advantage of Pro over Advanced is quite hard to justify, especially when Advanced cn do 2K video, but the Standard's wifi based control is similar to the Phantom 2 and far less reliable than the Lightbridge.
OK you don't often need to go much more than 500m but there are other factors such as how well it performs round obstructions and areas with lots of routers nearby on same frequencies to consider.
There are a significant number of posts on here where people have bought the Standard and regretted it or traded up in a very short time.

That was my concern, especially after reading up on here. The advanced seems the way to go its just expensive to justify if it malfunctions in some way, not to mention I'm a new pilot and could easily end up crashing it. :p

I have a 100% new (untouched / fully boxed) pro for sale (latest uk version) £800.

You will receive full DJI warranty upon set up etc.

Recently purchased as a spare - but not needed (P3's are too easy to fly!)

You just need a battery as I used it with my other Pro

I got my p3a from jessops camera shop off the shelf,new motors and shell

P3a is much better bird due to lightbridge and a few other tweaks. With any purchase there is a chance of a dud and with any bird purchase there is a chance of fly away and crash. If you worry about everything that could go wrong you won't enjoy the hints that go right. In Australia the difference in price was over $400 between standard and advanced. I did not want the professional camera so then only choice was in he machine itself. Advanced is worth the price. Yes it may fail but as long as I learn and no one gets hurt then that is life. RTFM. Preflight and post flight checklist. Fly safe and use your brain. It is a fun hobby. I believe if you buy the standard you miss out on a lot with he bird. Just my 2 cents worth

Get the advanced & get it from Heliguy. After purchasing from them 8 months ago, I would never buy from anyone else now as their after sales support and knowledge is invaluable. You can't pick up the phone to amazon for support

I was in the same boat as you when I bought mine, for weeks and weeks it was going to be the standard as even that was such a big step up compared to what I had before. Knowing what I know now, I'm so glad I plumped for the Advance. One thing I can guarantee is that you WILL want to fly further! If you're just a hobbyist there's no real justification for the Pro, unless you can't live without gold stripes!

I used buzzflyer the delivery was brilliant kept me up to date with my order and gps tracking on delivery excellent service ive also bought from marrionville models before and they are very good too.

Bought mine from Maplin.

Customer service is awsome.

Changed my P3A to a P3P and then just for the sake of it changed the P3P to the newer motor version.

Not once did they ask a question when doing the exchanges.

P.S ask for a discount as even if it says one price on the shelf they can still give a discount.

Highly recommend Maplin.

Reactions: lotusteve
The big difference as previously stated is Lightbridge - which in itself is well worth the extra £.

I have had all versions from P1 and GoPro (with no FPV) to P2V, to V+ to P3A. At each stage the progression was so great - amazing to see such a difference in two short years. With both the P2V and V+, when filming something fairly far off, I often got the black phone screen and the spinning wheel of death - I still had control of the craft, I just had a black screen for FPV. Which isn't good.

One time, we had a cruise ship coming in to our town - a fairly big thing in itself. I went to film it and was about 500m out when I lost FPV and got the black screen. I had no idea where the craft was pointing and of course, panicked and initiated a RTH. By the time I got control again, I had lost a fair bit of good footage. With lightbridge, this simply would not have been an issue. It is totally reliable.

Unless you have a very fast computer and a 4K TV, I wouldn't bother with a Pro either. By the time computers and TVs catch up, you'll probably be buying a P7 or something like that!

Don't think about it, because if you buy the standard, even though it will be good, every time a signal drops and you lose FPV, you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't spend the extra few quid.

Reactions: Bambola and ELHEAPO
Thanks for all your help and advice guys!

I ordered the P3 Advanced yesterday from CVP for a discounted price match of £809 with the DJI backpack included. I have had great customer support with CVP before so I am happy with the deal.

A few people have mentioned old shells/motors. How do you tell if you have the new shell/motors?

Can't wait to get out and fly! :)

Thanks again

Don't worry about what motors you have. They both work well. Just get out and fly it.

Couple of things before you take off. Charge all the batteries - fully, until the lights go out. Take a good look around the app screen - there's a LOT of information going on there - so try to get used to the important parts first. Make sure before you take off that your compass on screen is pointing the same way as the nose of the aircraft - if it isn't, calibrate your phone - tablet. Do the compass dance - always for the first time in a new location. The last time it will have been calibrated probably, will have been in China, so do that.

Most importantly, though, don't take off in your back garden, unless you live in Downton Abbey. Make sure you go to a huge open area, with ABSOLUTELY NO TREES in the vicinity and practice like mad, flying to and stopping over objects, turning, rising and falling, getting used to how the controls work. If there are trees in the area, one thing is for sure, you will run into them.

One of the best practice moves when you get on a wee bit is to practice doing a POI - initially using yourself as the POI. Try to get it done manually while looking down at the screen, but watch out for ever increasing circles. Hence the avoidance of trees. Ask me how I know!

Learn to walk before you take on Usain Bolt. Time spent on early learning will pay dividends later on. If you go to a football field and want a break from the routine, try flying between the posts. Even though they're huge, you'll still have a clenched arse!

Enjoy it, but learn slowly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20