where to buy gaupner 8x5 props

Reaction score
I've been been trying to source where I can buy the gaupner 8x5 props. everywhere seems to be soldout. I live in the uk

I broke all 4 of my Graupner 8x5's about a week ago, and since then I have not found ANY online retailers, even within the US, that have the 8x5's in stock. I've seen some places with the 9x5, but not with 8x5.

So, I ordered some Zinger 8x5's from Tower Hobbies (http://www.towerhobbies.com/) for 21.00USD shipped for 3 CW and 3 CCW. I received them in 2 days which was faster than expected. Awesome deal!!!

Flew them today and they are just as good as the Graupners. About .4 grams heavier (I weighed them both, 9.1g on a Graupner vs 9.5g Zinger) but just as stiff and more durable. I'd highly recommend them, they kick ***!

I've been looking for them myself but, from what I've read online, Graupner are going bankrupt, so they may never be available again.

Must check out the Zingers. Was it the wooden ones you ordered?

I ordered 9x5 Gemfans from rc-drones.com about an hour ago but only after ordering I discovered they don't ship outside the USA! I'll have to wait and see what happens...

hurleytom said:
I've been looking for them myself but, from what I've read online, Graupner are going bankrupt, so they may never be available again.

Must check out the Zingers. Was it the wooden ones you ordered?

I ordered 9x5 Gemfans from rc-drones.com about an hour ago but only after ordering I discovered they don't ship outside the USA! I'll have to wait and see what happens...

I ordered the Zingers and have been testing them out quite a bit. They ROCK! I am very pleased with mine, and the price is nice. I also ordered the Gemfan 9x4.7 composite nylons but have yet to fly with them. Looks like they need some washers, unlike the Zingers which are pretty much a perfect fit. THe soft wood helps keep the locking bolts in place as well, unlock the Gemfam/Graupners.

imfuller said:
I ordered the Zingers and have been testing them out quite a bit. They ROCK! I am very pleased with mine, and the price is nice. I also ordered the Gemfan 9x4.7 composite nylons but have yet to fly with them. Looks like they need some washers, unlike the Zingers which are pretty much a perfect fit. THe soft wood helps keep the locking bolts in place as well, unlock the Gemfam/Graupners.

I bought the Gemfan 9X5 carbon fiber props. They say washers are required, however. I also have on order, eight M6 titanium nyloc nuts for the props. I plan on putting a 3/8" diameter counterbore 1/8" deep on each nut thus eliminating the need for washers.

I have 6 Graupner 8x5 propellers for sale: 3cv and 3 ccv (2 spares). They are reamed to 8mm (phantom motor size) and balanced (3 of them needed). I may add 4 washers to be ready to go.
Never used brand new and ready to use! PM please if you interested.

SOLD!

BadWolf said:
imfuller said:
I ight M6 titanium nyloc nuts for the props. I plan on putting a 3/8" diameter counterbore 1/8" deep on each nut thus eliminating the need for washers.

You don't need 1/8" deep but 1/16" should do the job, just try it first.
Anyway boring the titanium nuts was not fun because this ruined one of my bit. Just go slowly and use lubricant.
You can also modify the prop shaft by cutting down the shoulder of the 8 mm section like I did below.
This way, no washers and any prop nuts will work with no bottom boring.

L1120230Small_zpsd1a2a4f2.jpg

Mark it.

L1120237Small_zps03d242d9.jpg

Cut it.

0c5243d1-f112-482c-90f4-54a615026146_zps3d5d0a49.jpg

Before & after.
3a5caf2e-ea43-437f-8a2f-b11b54f1401a_zps1a9abab4.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members