Where is the FAA Education?

Reaction score
The Interim Final Rule re: UAS registration has as a stated purpose:

"Registration of small unmanned aircraft also provides an immediate and direct opportunity for the agency to educate sUAS owners on safety requirements before they begin operating."

Has anyone received their immediate FAA education yet? Did you get any FAA sponsored education before you operated your drone? Maybe an email packet after registration? Popups? Who on this forum is FAA sponsored? Has anyone seen any FAA accredited education on any public forums?

Inquiring minds want to know.

The Interim Final Rule re: UAS registration has as a stated purpose:

"Registration of small unmanned aircraft also provides an immediate and direct opportunity for the agency to educate sUAS owners on safety requirements before they begin operating."

Has anyone received their immediate FAA education yet? Did you get any FAA sponsored education before you operated your drone? Maybe an email packet after registration? Popups? Who on this forum is FAA sponsored? Has anyone seen any FAA accredited education on any public forums?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Give them time as they (FAA) are still learning how to fly their christmas gift and once that is done they'll know how to educate the rest of us. Hope to hell they registered it before their first flight.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Have a look at this link - Know Before You Fly

Enjoy your new quad and fly safe!

The information available on the FAA website about anything/everything aviation is there for everyone to use. You just have to look for it. I imagine they will put together a package of appropriate information for UAS pilots. They will catch up eventually. Hell this time next year, the technology we have today may be old news. Who knows what technology is just around the corner to add to what we can do today. Excited.

The 'Know Before You Fly' website was created in partnership with the FAA. That campaign was launched before registration started. The idea behind the 'education' was based on the theory that if you are required to register, you will likely be more careful if you know you can and will be held accountable. They will not send you a pretty educational pamphlet in the mail. It is up to you to Know Before You Fly.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been a quad owner since 2014 and was aware of the KBYF material. Education and awareness clearly are part of sUAS operation. Like FotoGeek, I saw several education efforts from NGOs, manufacturers, forums and the FAA before registration. My question was whether anyone has seen education (not enforcement) flowing to owner / operators directly from registration.

Mod, I do enjoy this forum. Thanks for your efforts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4