Where has my map gone?

Reaction score
Using an iOS Ipad mini, sometimes, when at home, even though I am connected to the wiFi - and my tablet is connected to the controller - I get the map of my location ... and other times not ... assuming the tablet is using its location services to find me. Does the Kit need to be connected to the aircraft to get my location fed to the Go App ... or will the GO App pick up the location from the WiFi etc.? I am planning .. hence not having the aircraft connected.

I believe you can only get that when connected. I think it's hard coded to use only the aircraft GPS for location so that you don't get conflicting data when the aircraft if in one place the the Go app is in another.

Of course Follow Me and other features will use the GPS in the tablet if enabled.

I believe you can only get that when connected. I think it's hard coded to use only the aircraft GPS for location so that you don't get conflicting data when the aircraft if in one place the the Go app is in another.

Of course Follow Me and other features will use the GPS in the tablet if enabled.

Of course ... thanks for the quick reply

Your map won't load and is blank, or your location isn't showing? On my air 2 not connected to the the phantom and just on my home wifi, the map shows my last home point location from a flight, but a blue device location dot shows over my home. If maps won't show at all, reboot your device. That usually clears up a problem with map caching.

Reactions: BigAl07
Your map won't load and is blank, or your location isn't showing? On my air 2 not connected to the the phantom and just on my home wifi, the map shows my last home point location from a flight, but a blue device location dot shows over my home. If maps won't show at all, reboot your device. That usually clears up a problem with map caching.

Basically what happens is when the map is displayed in the bottom right corner ... and is small, i can see it ... however ,,, when I expand it ... it goes blank. Therefore it knows? where I am .. but on expanding ... does not work. Odd.

Basically what happens is when the map is displayed in the bottom right corner ... and is small, i can see it ... however ,,, when I expand it ... it goes blank. Therefore it knows? where I am .. but on expanding ... does not work. Odd.
I see my device location blue dot when the map is small but when switching to the map full view, the home point of my last flight defaults to center focus. However, if I move the map or zoom out, the blue device location dot resides to where I am- my home on my network. I have a non cellular air 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik