Where do you buy online?

Reaction score
Just looking around for somewhere to buy a FPV system and maybe a spare battery, any recommendations ?

if you don't mind waiting 5-6 weeks for it to ship from overseas, there's a site called BangGood.com a lot of us order from. They seem to have the best prices but it does take a while for them to process and the item to arrive to the US. I initially got some cheapy antennas from them and I'm having all sorts of trouble, I'm integrating advising to not skimp on antennas into all my FPV advice from now on. I've just ordered an antenna bundle from fpvlr.com

otherwise there's tons of other vendors.. just some random ones: Atlanta Hobby, Hobby King, Helipal, Florida UAV.. Amazon.

There are FPV kits all over the place if you want to just buy one (I actually liked building and installing it all myself)... the KumbaCam kit seems popular but if you google phantom 2 fpv kits you'll see tons.

BangGood (once you get over the name) seems to be really cheap, i emailed them a few short questions about OSD, lets see if the customer service is any good.

fwiw I'd just use banggood for the boscam stuff, you're not really going to find any price breaks on things like official batteries for the Phantom or the iOSD mini, so you may as well pick them up domestic. I got batteries from Amazon (there's a 2 pack which will save you a few bucks) and I just manually searched for hobby vendors with iOSD Mini until I found one in stock, I think it was Atlanta Hobby or Florida UAV

Florida not much good to you as you are in Cork, Ireland. There is a DJI dealer in Drogheda. (See the dealer section of DJI's website). I bought my P2 from DroneShack.com. They are online only and have a presence here in N.Ireland in Newry. Steve there is excellent and has even got back to me same day after a query direct to DJI - they must have a dealer hotline!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

you would think that the Dealer price would be the same across the world with maybe a small flux but 1 British Pound Sterling equals 1.23 Euro.
So the DJI Phantom 2 New With Zenmuse H3-3D Gopro Gimbal Combo would cost 858euro (EX delivery) euro from droneshack and banggood is 718 euro including delivery.
so i'm saving over 140 euro..more like 190 euro with delivery considered...prob get caught for duty as i have been done before from hobbyking but it was around 50 euro.
I would love to support local businesses and i do when the difference is less

What about sending it back when it goes wrong or you need some help? I had the same option but decided it was better to buy locally. Glad I did.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Bit of a gamble alright but i have two old planes that are not fit for purpose anymore so i have a far bit of kit scraped, half the fun is building and the inevitable fixing of these things.
If i have to send one back to a dealer in Dublin or the north i would spend the money on fixing the thing myself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj