Where did that tree come from?

Reaction score
Well having mastered a non GPS drone, I bought the P3P, excellent, I flew 10 flights from home a 3x3 meter (9x9 foot) parking with trees all around. No problems, took it very slow, carefully to keep camera on my property and not the neighbors.

Saturday, I went to a park, a sandy baseball court, early morning, this thing shifts, left right, wow it's fast above tree level, I decide to bring it down to do more exercises, as I do at home, but it is quick, and I decide to see how fast, unfortunately it does notsto
As fast as I would like.... screw up! Drop of a couple of meters with landing gear bent!

All ok but I can't do an IMU calibration until I have new landing gear, but had some lovely flight since. 3 batteries at 50% run in ned a radar dome no problem!

A beautiful bird, for those few with problems my sympathies. Hope you get it sorted. I'm lovin mine!

Hey might be same tree that jumped in front of mine twice.
No harm either time, was lucky.

I've had two trees do that. They're nasty horrible things that just wait for opportunities to run over and swat your Phantom from the sky. And people tell you that trees just stand there rooted to the ground. Fools!!!

I flew LOS in a big open park with just a few interspersed trees here and there, only 8 foot type ones, nothing huge, went to go behind one of them, and apparently I wasn't actually behind it. Or so the footage would indicate, but I'm sure the tree stepped back to get it ;)
No damage at all, flew through it making a sound like a brush-cutter and came out the other side with just leaf stains on the props.
Second one I wasn't so lucky, I was coming down at a steep angle, and thought my trajectory would clear the top of the tree, but apparently not, it then fell from about 8 feet up and landed upside down, and bent the gimbal and one landing leg, and snapped one side of the other landing leg..

Ever seen "George of the Jungle?" .... come on, sing along with me ... "George, George, 'George of the Jungle', watch out for that tree"
I guess we need to be mindful of that scenario flying as well as swinging on vines.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik