Where Can You Purchase The Little Cover on The Controller Charging Port?

Reaction score
You know the little plastic/rubber piece that covers the charging port on the (Phantom 3 Advanced) Controller, mine keeps falling off. Luckily I keep finding. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement. Better yet, can anyone recommend an aesthetically pleasing more secure alternative.

Thanks
Will T

Last edited:
DJI does not sell that part. You might be able to buy parts from an old remote controller on eBay or from a shop that repairs Phantoms.

Or don't worry about it. It's going to keep coming off. I have T controllers, both gone....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am sure I am only looking for this particular replacement part because the thing is brand new. Like when you get a new car, you polish the turn signal arm every week, trying to keep that bad boy looking perfect. Right now I am in the Gollum Precious stage of ownership haha. I would still like to find a few extra just to have around. Thanks Will

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I did that at first too. Then gave up. But I'm pretty careful where I set the controller down- usually on or in the case. And otherwise it lives in my backpack. Not a lot of chance for crap to get in the hole.
Many more pressing things to worry about....

While there are numerous members on here with 3D printers at work and home. Surely someone who has even a minute ability could print you off one in mere moments. ;-)
There's are 3D print shops, as well most high schools or your local community college would have access to them too. . .

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Will T
While there are numerous members on here with 3D printers at work and home. Surely someone who has even a minute ability could print you off one in mere moments. ;-)
There's are 3D print shops, as well most high schools or your local community college would have access to them too. . .

RedHotPoker

RHP,
Now that seems like a really reasonable solution. You are a thinker, I respect thinkers :) I will add that as one of my options. Great Idea!!

Or... Just fly the crap out of your bird and don't worry about the cover. Mine broke off like day 5. Meh... Just kept flying.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am also an opportunist. I try to retain all original receipts, packaging and parts just in case someone wants to make me a nice offer. I like to stay on the ready:)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I tore mine off, I dont think you need it as long as you are not in rain or dust storms

gosports1

Not a bad idea. I didn't think of that. It is non destructive, unlike glue.

Thanks!

IMG_1566_zpsgwxvdr6u.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Will T
Despite all the recent bad press that DJI gets for lack of support.

I had the same issue, my power port plug broke off and while I had it for a while, lost it. I contacted a DJI service center and opened a ticket, I described my situation and had to fill out a form. A week later, I received a new one in the mail!! DJI Support rocks!!!

Reactions: dirkclod
I have a ton of DJI's never had an issue with customer support.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers