Where best to buy, Amazon or Atlanta Hobby or other?

My experience with Amazon has been great.
I have two (2) version 1.1.1 Phantoms that were both ordered and shipped using Prime. One in December and one in January. Both fully checked out with no problems.
Seems to still be some kind of questioning with different versions being shipped but I can confirm my two from Amazon are 1.1.1's

Sent from my S4

My suggestion: don't buy from Amazon. I received mine from Amazon Tuesday Feb 4 and they shipped me an OLD v1.1 model! I'd say order from B&H or a place that specifically says they have v1.1.1. The one I got from Amazon now has to go back as I got the most recent version from B&H today.

Mike

I've ordered from Atlanta Hobby before and I really like them. Especially if you are new and have questions. They are really knowledgeable and ready to help

Griggs said:
I've ordered from Atlanta Hobby before and I really like them. Especially if you are new and have questions. They are really knowledgeable and ready to help
I agree with Griggs. I called them two weeks ago with questions about a FPV and PV2 and they help was nice. Made me order my Fatshark PV2 from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Hobby no question. I Have purchased a Phantom 1 and FatShark from them and just drove yesterday from just north of Charlotte N to Atlanta to purchase a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse. I have made 2 trips there. It's worth the time just to be able to talk with them and get there advise. Also no Colin stocking issue here they deal directly with DJI. If it's DJI they have it and are experts on it. Another thing that impressed me If I had ordered online there would be no sales tax. By picking up in person they could have charged this (around $50.00) on this order they didn't charge this and processed it as if I had ordered and paid online.Very customer service based.

Is Atlanta Hobby website down?

extrememc said:

yes it is.

heli-pal and uav direct are awesome. great, friendly, fast service. that's my experience.

http://helipal.com - http://www.uavdirect.com

amazon is good too. you have 30 days to return your purchase if youre not happy. I bought my first phantom 2 through amazon with no problems whatsoever.

drew

Are they in the US?

drewtx said:
extrememc said:

yes it is.

heli-pal and uav direct are awesome. great, friendly, fast service. that's my experience.

amazon is good too. you have 30 days to return your purchase if youre not happy. I bought my first phantom 2 through amazon with no problems whatsoever.

drew
I had a really slow experience with Hellipal. I ordered mid December cleared customs in HK on Jan 8 and I just got my props yesterday. I emailed them a couple times and just got a canned response to be patient or contact USPS. I didn't find them friendly at all and will do business elsewhere. Plus the "Balanced" props were anything but.

I bought my Phantom 1 on Amazon with next day shipping from Kazoom, an importer in Brooklyn. The next day a 1.1.1 model arrived with the latest firmware installed.

I tried ordering a Phantom 2 with FPV and a DJI Zenmuse Gimbal from B&H, but after a month of waiting, I cancelled and called CT-Motorports near Miami. Lukas, one of the technicians there spent an hour with me on the phone, put together exactly what I wanted and shipped it within two days. The price was about a hundred dollars more than B&H, but Lukas is personally available if I have questions or issues.

Bought Phantom I from Amazon. 1.1.1 arrived very quickly. One of the channels had issues so I send it back. Replacement came very quickly but it was the old single antenna version. Sent it back for a credit, credit came quickly. Bought new one from UAV Products. Happy camper.

Bought an F550 rtf from Helipal. The day after they told me it was shipped, it arrived by DHL express. Wow. Also used rcdepothobbies for an FPV and osd kit. It was also sent express. Got it in two days so he didn't screw around with getting it out the door. Bought a P1 last year from Amazon and a P2 this year. Both arrived by normal post and were quite good.

I will look at Atlanta Hobby. I need a few smaller things.

I bought my Phantom from Amazo, but after I crashed it and needed parts and advise I contacted Atlanta Hobby. They are very helpful and knowledgable, and the parts are same or better price than anywhere else. The best thing is, you can talk to someone on the phone for advise. If I had it to do over again I'd buy from Atlanta Hobby.

drewtx said:
extrememc said:

yes it is.

drew

When buying from amazon was it fulfilled and shipped by them or fulfilled by vendor and shipped by them. I believe the return policy is different when it is purchased by a vendor and not directly from amazon. Correct me if I am wrong.

I bought a Phantom V.1 from Amazon ( not a second party vendor ), had it for 28 days before I experienced some problems, sent it backand they shipped me a V 1.1.1 2nd day air. You simply cannot beat their return policy but you have to make sure when you purchase that it's coming from Amazon rather than a second party vendor. If you join their Prime, you never pay shipping. I use Amazon exclusively and I can truthfully say that I've never had a problem . Before I sent it back, I called DJI customer support in an attempt to solve my problem ....they were very knowledgable but the guy told me that his supervisor limits them to ten minutes call. WTF ?

Anybody ever buy from GetFPV.com? They have some good prices and thinking about pulling the trigger on some Attitudes.. Although the iOSD Mini's seem to be sold out everywhere

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers