Where are the "Heck Yea" Fly Zones :-)

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was flying around a small reservoir in Burlingame (California) and a park ranger asked us not to fly because my 3 lb electric drone could damage the environment, meanwhile the park ranger had pulled up in a rather large gas guzzling pickup truck.

While there are so many places we cannot fly -- imagine if Google Maps only told you all the places you could not drive! I wish we could focus on all the amazing places that you can and should fly -- the Heck-Yea Fly Zones.

What are the best places to fly for newbies or people looking for a bit more adventure?

Reactions: nhoover
I love flying along dramatic coastlines early in the morning or late afternoon. Up in the mountains is also great, like the time I went to Nepal. It's fun and challenging to fly in places you don't know well - you never know what you might see to shoot. I've also had a blast taking my Phantoms in a backpack, cycling or hiking up a big hill and getting great panoramas.

Reactions: JonahFlier
Yesterday, I was flying around a small reservoir in Burlingame (California) and a park ranger asked us not to fly because my 3 lb electric drone could damage the environment, meanwhile the park ranger had pulled up in a rather large gas guzzling pickup truck.

While there are so many places we cannot fly -- imagine if Google Maps only told you all the places you could not drive! I wish we could focus on all the amazing places that you can and should fly -- the Heck-Yea Fly Zones.

What are the best places to fly for newbies or people looking for a bit more adventure?
I have been searching for that app - not found yet!

Reactions: JonahFlier
I usually head out to the countryside around here, maybe 50-100 miles in any direction. Got some footage of a huge field of hay bales that looked really neat, country lanes filled with Fall color last week, and just whatever I notice along the way that says, Hey! Pull over and shoot that!

Reactions: Ariel@Hivemapper
I usually head out to the countryside around here, maybe 50-100 miles in any direction. Got some footage of a huge field of hay bales that looked really neat, country lanes filled with Fall color last week, and just whatever I notice along the way that says, Hey! Pull over and shoot that!
Sounds like a good approach! I'll have to try that some day. In my locale, it's hard to find anyplace to fly.

I like the idea of an app that invites you to fly your drone or inicates the owner of the property status on drone photography. It would eliminate guess work or asking a round about can I fly a drone and take aome aerial pictures.

I like the idea of an app that invites you to fly your drone or inicates the owner of the property status on drone photography. It would eliminate guess work or asking a round about can I fly a drone and take aome aerial pictures.

So, to make sure I understand your point. You want a list of places where the property owner has said "OK" to grab aerial photos?

So, to make sure I understand your point. You want a list of places where the property owner has said "OK" to grab aerial photos?
That would be an awesome feature.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj