Where are my Cached Maps going?

Reaction score
This is driving me crazy, its happening ever since the 1.8 firmware update. When I fly I normally cache my flying area over wifi at home before I go out. Never had an issue in the past, I cache my maps, go out to fly and the area is there. Since 1.8 I do the same thing, cache my maps, go fly and everything is there..........until I go out and fly again. I can go back to the same area and get nothing. Its like the area I cached has been erased. I've checked all my settings and everything is looks good. What the heck am I doing wrong? I never had this issue in the past

Android?
Open Google maps, go to the area of interest.
You don't need zoom in but it needs to be a reasonable area maybe 10 miles across or less.
Say "OK maps"
You can then download and save that area and when offline later you can zoom in much further than when you viewed the wider map.
DJI Go will be able to use the map also.

IOS: :confused: Dunno

You don't say if it's iOS or Android. But, I suffered the same map issue with my iOS when on the 2.7.1 GoApp. I don't think the FW 1.8 has the problem. Since I updated to 2.72 GoApp I haven't seen this problem again. But, it's still early. We'll see.

Sorry, using iOS on an iPad mini. Going back out later today to run some more test
If you cache your map prior to flying using (I'm assuming) you have wifi only, move around the map to overlap the area you want to fly. Turn off the GoApp. When you arrive at your flying area it will be on the map for you.

If you cache your map prior to flying using (I'm assuming) you have wifi only, move around the map to overlap the area you want to fly. Turn off the GoApp. When you arrive at your flying area it will be on the map for you.

Yes I know that. The problem is after I turn everything off after flying and go back to the same location hours or a few days later their is not any map data. Its like its being erased. Never had this issue until my last update to 1.8, DJI is latest version also

Yes I know that. The problem is after I turn everything off after flying and go back to the same location hours or a few days later their is not any map data. Its like its being erased. Never had this issue until my last update to 1.8, DJI is latest version also
Is it the old problem of app settings reverting to default with an update?
Make sure you have Cache Maps in Background enabled in the app settings.

Reactions: Lonewolf
I did some more testing late yesterday and ran into the same issue. I decided to delete and reload the App. Whatever was wrong with it is now working correctly

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20