Whenyour Phantom's battery door opens mid flight...

Reaction score
Lucky escape today whilst out for a quick flight at the local park...
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw1r8YppnQg[/youtube]
Discovered the hard way that I'd not clipped the battery door shut properly on my FC40. Heard a click, looked up, saw the battery dangling out of the nose on the end of the power cable!

The flight controller coped brilliantly - still easy to handle and land. I'm just glad those battery power connectors are a tight fit...

if that would have happened to me, knowing my luck..i would have had to get wet .

You're lucky. I have the Phantom 1 which I believe has the same battery door. I found it a little tough to cram the power leads and balance plug in at the same time. I cut a small notch in battery door to let my balance plug to hang outside. This works well for me for when I have my fpv transmitter on the quad as I use this to power the fpv tx. When shutting the door, if it is having to be forced against the wiring pushing out, it will most likely pop open.

That happened to me a couple times as well, even have a video where you can see it opening as well but it's still on my computer. I need to start uploading more videos but internet is so slow, it takes about an hour or longer to upload a 10 minute video.

kitari said:
That happened to me a couple times as well, even have a video where you can see it opening as well but it's still on my computer. I need to start uploading more videos but internet is so slow, it takes about an hour or longer to upload a 10 minute video.
landwomble said:
I'm thinking of using a Velcro strap to stop it happening again.../quote]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.