When will it end? (upgrade issue)

Reaction score
Going from 3.2 to 4.0010, the P3P happily beeps and blinks. And beeps and blinks. And beeps and blinks.

After 45 minutes of annoying the dogs, I shut it down and read the P3X_FW_RESULT.TXT file which says:

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.11.04 13:35:23 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...

So, it appears that the upgrade went OK. Then it tried to upgrade again. And again.

Is this typical behavior?

Going from 3.2 to 4.0010, the P3P happily beeps and blinks. And beeps and blinks. And beeps and blinks.

After 45 minutes of annoying the dogs, I shut it down and read the P3X_FW_RESULT.TXT file which says:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2015.11.04 13:35:23 =====================

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...

So, it appears that the upgrade went OK. Then it tried to upgrade again. And again.

Is this typical behavior?
You have to remove the bin file from the SD card after the upgrade is complete.

the P3P happily beeps and blinks. And beeps and blinks. And beeps and blinks.
If your beeping and blinking coincides with the instructions at the following link, then all installed properly:

HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware (if using DJI GO) | DJI Phantom Forum

If you don't remove the firmware from your memory card when done, the worst that should happen is it'll log that the latest firmware is already installed (like in your log above). However, if your Phantom starts running through the entire upgrade process again (as described at the above link), then something did not install properly. The About section of the DJI GO app will show you which firmware versions you have installed -- if you're sure.

You have to remove the bin file from the SD card after the upgrade is complete.
Yes, but how do you tell if it's complete? TFM says that the P3P will quiet down and just idle after an upgrade. Mine just continues its beep-beep beep and flashes it's lights.

If your beeping and blinking coincides with the instructions at the following link, then all installed properly:

HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware (if using DJI GO) | DJI Phantom Forum

If you don't remove the firmware from your memory card when done, the worst that should happen is it'll log that the latest firmware is already installed (like in your log above). However, if your Phantom starts running through the entire upgrade process again (as described at the above link), then something did not install properly. The About section of the DJI GO app will show you which firmware versions you have installed -- if you're sure.
Yes, and it seems to have upgraded OK - at least it boots and talks to the controller. If it would stop raining I could check it out for sure but it appears that the upgrade was successful.

Yes, but how do you tell if it's complete? TFM says that the P3P will quiet down and just idle after an upgrade. Mine just continues its beep-beep beep and flashes it's lights.
look at the app about screen, it will tell you if versions installed.

You need to read my instructions at the link above. Disregard TFM. Your Phantom will continue to beep even after the firmware installation has completed.

You need to read my instructions at the link above. Disregard TFM. Your Phantom will continue to beep even after the firmware installation has completed.
Thank you. I love not reading TFM. Saves time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik