When to change props?

Reaction score
I have had my phantom since the end of May and I am still using my stock props.

I have been lucky to have no crashes, I do inspect them for any nicks but they still look good.

So is there something else I should be looking for to tell me to change them.

I have 2 spare sets and they still seem as firm (bendable) as the new props.

Thanks

I also began flying the Phantom in May and I've had a lot of crashes -- trees, bushes, tall grass, sand. My props were so stained with grass and dirt that I finally broke down and wiped them off with alcohol, sanded the nicks from the edges, rebalanced them... and away we go! I've only changed props once, when one prop suddenly became seriously bent out of alignment -- not sure how.

My conclusion is that like the Phantom itself, the stock props are remarkably durable.

Fdnyfish said:
I have had my phantom since the end of May and I am still using my stock props.

I have been lucky to have no crashes, I do inspect them for any nicks but they still look good.

So is there something else I should be looking for to tell me to change them.

I have 2 spare sets and they still seem as firm (bendable) as the new props.

Thanks

I think you may have captured the FlyTrex badge for fastest Phantom :)

I'm not going to try it myself but I'm curious about how you achieved that speed? My top speed is just over 35mph -- but that was in a flyaway that sent the Phantom into a dive. Luckily it crashed in heavy brush, which saved the quad from certain destruction.

I completed 230+ flights with stock props, just 1 replace at the begining bumping on take off :lol:
I bought 3 sets in january and had used just 1 prop... great durable and balanced with sand paper and thin transparent tape.
Have tried wooden (zinger), stiffer (graupner), plastic colored, CF, triblades,.... IMO stocks performs better in descend recovery / voltage comsumption and quality (also CF are great). Tri-blades gave as faster as 60 mph (ATTi) :eek: and ascending at 10 mts/sec. lifted 1300 gr as naked phantom, but flight time reduced 2 minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20