When people ask how much your drone cost, what do you say?

Reaction score
I was at the park today and no less than 30 people asked how much? Some of the people I profiled and lied. I said $100.00-$150.00. Others got the truth. Do you tell people your flying $1,000.00+ worth of equipment?

Re: When people ask how much your drone cost, what do you sa

I'd sucker them as I was suckered into the hobby myself...

It all started with:
"Oh the base system is just around $3-400..."

amrflyingdude said:
I usually tell them there are several options and prices and send them to http://www.dji.com.

That's what I'm going to start saying. Prices vary. You'll just have to check their .com.

Cool. Thanks.

LeoS said:
I'd sucker them as I was suckered into the hobby myself...

It all started with:
"Oh the base system is just around $3-400..."

lol....

Been there!

I tell them the cost of the base. I don't elaborate on the extras because they will think i'm crazy. Between all my RC heli stuff, I've spent well over $2.5k and haven't looked back.

I tell them just over 800 quid... :lol:

I tell them it's an r/c quadcopter.

Reactions: SCGENE

1 Million Dollars!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 572

Yea I also usually tell them the base cost for the quad itself, and say something about all the extra stuff being even more. I also make it a point to correct people when they ask about my "drone", telling them it's actually a "quadcopter". If they call it a helicopter, I'm fine with that. I have to say, I always want to say drone, and it's such an easy one syllable word, but thanks to our government and the media, the word just has too much negativity to it at this point.

Totally depends who is asking. I usually say something like... The basic quadcopter is $500 or so, it's the rest of the stuff that makes it a usable tool that makes it cost well more than $2k in the end.

Reactions: diverdan89

Ha!! Great question and one I get asked ALL THE TIME. I first briefly explain that it is expensive and not something I would normally spend this amount of money on but it's a blast and I've never really had a hobby but now I do and then I tell them what I paid. Most people are shocked by the cost. Between the initial purchase, extra batteries, hard case, Rotorpixel (not acutually in hand yet), it really starts to add up as we all know on this forum.

I also give them he base price,. then a quick breakdown of the extras - go pro, Tx, FPV, & gimbal

When people ask me how much the drone cost I reply with "which drone"?

Reactions: SCGENE

I always call it a quadcopter and just say "quite expensive". So depending on who asked, that could mean anything depending on what their perception is of "quite expensive" is. :D

I say the base plus the gimball was £600. They usually ask about the rest of the stuff as I rock up with two large cases full of aerials and cables. And whip out a stock controller with a massive screen mounted to it and a P2 that looks like it's got a hernia with all the bits hanging underneath it!

I think my total spend at the mo including the GoPro 3+ Black is around £1500

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20