When is a new name assigned to video & switch between <P> & <A> mode

Reaction score
When I start flying, I press the video record button. I notice on the SD card, a few .mov files.

My questions:

1. When is a new file created - meaning - I click the video record button once - why are there more than ONE .mov file? What activate the start of a new file?

2. Can I add some telemetry info to the recording? Currently only see what the camera sees?

Then - While learning - I fly in <P> mode. I want to exercise in ATTI mode, but if something goes wrong, or I panic, can I switch it back to <P> mode to so that the GPS help me to stabilize - and then I switch back again to ATTI mode - and so on?

1. When is a new file created - meaning - I click the video record button once - why are there more than ONE .mov file? What activate the start of a new file?
When you press record, the camera starts recording to a new .mov file. WHen you press the record button again, the recording stops.
While learning - I fly in <P> mode. I want to exercise in ATTI mode, but if something goes wrong, or I panic, can I switch it back to <P> mode to so that the GPS help me to stabilize - and then I switch back again to ATTI mode - and so on?
Yes .. that's what the switch is for.

When you press record, the camera starts recording to a new .mov file. WHen you press the record button again, the recording stops.
Not sure about a P4P but on my P4 it creates a new .mov file when the current file gets to 3.9GB with no frame loss the next file starts at the next frame.

Can I add some telemetry info to the recording? Currently only see what the camera sees?
The telemetry data is stored on the DJI cloud. You can review it and play it back, almost like flying the mission again. You can pause, change speeds, even tell which way the camera was pointing.
Other than that, you might try a screen recording of your tablet...

My questions:

2. Can I add some telemetry info to the recording? Currently only see what the camera sees?

1. This is due to a FAT32 file size limitation.

2. You can also turn on subtitles, which will give you actual subtitles along with the video, at one second update intervals.
This gives you date & time, controller position(GPS co-ordinates), bird position, elevation, shutter speed, ISO, EV, and F-stop. Not a lot of info, but some, and time synced directly to the video. (Also a plain text file, so you can add or delete any info you like in a text editor)

Subtitles are recorded in the SubRip format.(.srt)

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

1. This is due to a FAT32 file size limitation.

2. You can also turn on subtitles, which will give you actual subtitles along with the video, at one second update intervals.
This gives you date & time, controller position(GPS co-ordinates), bird position, elevation, shutter speed, ISO, EV, and F-stop. Not a lot of info, but some, and time synced directly to the video. (Also a plain text file, so you can add or delete any info you like in a text editor)

Subtitles are recorded in the SubRip format.(.srt)
This setting is new to me so I just tried it. This is a nice option I get the .SRT files and can tell my movie player to show them or not. I've been looking for something like this for the times when I want to try different settings. Shame it doesn't include video settings like type and mode.

Thanks for posting.

This setting is new to me so I just tried it. This is a nice option I get the .SRT files and can tell my movie player to show them or not. I've been looking for something like this for the times when I want to try different settings. Shame it doesn't include video settings like type and mode.

Thanks for posting.

When you are trying new things, you can edit the subtitle file with your own comments, so future you remembers what you were trying. (So you can include video settings yourself)

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4