When I start my drone, it just goes up, and up...

Reaction score
Good Evening,

I have very little knowledge on a drone . We replaced our gibmal/camera today, it just went bad. I was able to get it going, then after starting it slowly just keeps going up... also when I keep it in one spot it's very "wonky"... not that stable. We are up to date on updates... any advice would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

You may want to do an IMU calibration, and a compass calibration before your next flight. Unless that's what you meant by up to date on updates. You may want to double check your R/C stick position settings also.

Are you in the right mode? Put in in beginners to start with then try the GPS enabled mode....don't know what its called on P4. If you try and fly on ATTI you are going to wreck.

First user observations are subjective and can be difficult to evaluate, second I am very conservative on IMU cal but it is what would be the most likely sensor suite to suspect.
The compass would be least likely.
Attitude mode is not a recipe for a crash per se, it just won't 'park' itself when sticks are released when moving laterally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20