When DJI Upgraded shell and motors?

Reaction score
I am wanting to get me a P3Pro, and I see some have updated the shell and motors which had a problem with cracking, has this been done by DJI to improve? or is it just personal preference to updated these on customers own decision

I am wanting to get me a P3Pro, and I see some have updated the shell and motors which had a problem with cracking, has this been done by DJI to improve? or is it just personal preference to updated these on customers own decision
I ordered a P3P from bestbuy in November, it had a great picture quality but I never flew it because I got hung up on wanting the new motors and new shell. Well I should have just kept it, since then I have exchanged 5 times from Bestbuy because once I did get one with new motors and shell that is where the problems started. Every P3P that I tested has some different areas on the lense that were not in focus. Sometimes it was in the center, sometimes around the edges in different spots etc. The lense was not the only problem. One had the cable disconnected from the gimbal, another had been knocked around during shipping so hard that the battery was slightly popped out. Another had a shell that wasn't clipped together right. Another had a controller that was cracked. After my 5th exchange Bestbuy said I couldn't exchange anymore and I didn't want to return because I got my P3P for $1159 with an extra battery during their black friday sale.

I have had to open a ticket with DJI and send my drone in to the Los Angeles repair center to fix the gimbal which wouldn't stay level and the camera focus issues. I think that if you get a Phantom with old motors that you will be lucky to have it as you are less likely to suffer from the lowered quality control from DJI ramping up production for the holidays. No matter what if you notice cracks during the warranty period, or have other problems with the product that is not your fault you can rest assured DJI will fix it.

It's true that DJI redesigned a few areas of the shell -- and, we can only assume they did so to prevent the possibility of cracking. However, most people have never run into that issue (when using the old or new shell). As for the motors, most people cannot tell the difference (other than the visual changes). Old or new shell/motors, I think it's a great product either way.

It's true that DJI redesigned a few areas of the shell -- and, we can only assume they did so to prevent the possibility of cracking. However, most people have never run into that issue (when using the old or new shell). As for the motors, most people cannot tell the difference (other than the visual changes). Old or new shell/motors, I think it's a great product either way.

How long ago was this change made?

Ok, so pretty much any model that is in stock now at retailers are all new upgraded ones. I am looking for a good reasonable retailer to place a order, seems like all the used ones on the classifieds here want almost as much as getting new one

so pretty much any model that is in stock now at retailers are all new upgraded ones
Some retailers still have old stock. If you buy in person, check out the photo of the motors on the front of the box.

imageuploadedbyphantompilots-dji-phantom-forum1443845769-068556-jpg.32583

If you're buying online, either call the retailer to confirm or buy directly from DJI. I bought two Phantoms from DJI this month and both have the new motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj