When birds attack

Reaction score
How much will this cost to fix?
Propeller motor still seems to be working, looks like shell damage only
IMG-20180606-WA0040.jpeg
IMG-20180606-WA0042.jpeg
IMG-20180606-WA0040.jpeg

Really the only way to fix that is by buying a new shell for the drone and some patience and elbow grease to replace it. You can try eBay for the best deal. There are some glues you can but for small cracks, but that arm looks busted. Really the only safe way is to put out $30 to $80 to get a replacement shell. (Remember to get the right one for your bird, Phantom 4 standard, advanced, or professional.)

There is also the Red Green method, duct tape...

Really the only way to fix that is by buying a new shell for the drone and some patience and elbow grease to replace it. You can try eBay for the best deal. There are some glues you can but for small cracks, but that arm looks busted. Really the only safe way is to put out $30 to $80 to get a replacement shell. (Remember to get the right one for your bird, Phantom 4 standard, advanced, or professional.)

There is also the Red Green method, duct tape...
Thanks so much! I'l look into that, what about service centres tho? Any idea what the coat might be if I go there ?

Thanks so much! I'l look into that, what about service centres tho? Any idea what the coat might be if I go there ?
I would suggest sending it to DJI to get fixed. That is around 150 USD or 110 pounds in general. (I thought you might be from Great Britain because of your spelling, so I included £ in there. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Local places will probably charge too much, and might not know what they are doing. I would suggest doing it yourself, there are plenty of YouTube videos on it to make it easier for you. It's only a 1 or 2 hour project, based on how tech-savvy you are, but it would be better spending some of your weekend fixing it yourself than paying an arm and a leg for someone else to fix it, and you don't even know if they did it right!

Local places will probably charge too much, and might not know what they are doing. I would suggest doing it yourself, there are plenty of YouTube videos on it to make it easier for you. It's only a 1 or 2 hour project, based on how tech-savvy you are, but it would be better spending some of your weekend fixing it yourself than paying an arm and a leg for someone else to fix it, and you don't even know if they did it right!
Send to DJI or self repair- which is it? You have recommended both LOL.... it’s not a difficult job if you know what your doing but can easily turn into an expensive nightmare. The biggest issue is the potential to butcher connectors. This helps Recognizing & Disconnecting Cable Connectors

I would suggest sending it to DJI to get fixed. That is around 150 USD or 110 pounds in general. (I thought you might be from Great Britain because of your spelling, so I included £ in there. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
On the way to the Dji centre now, I'm from Malaysia btw haha, thanks a bunch my guy

Send to DJI or self repair- which is it? You have recommended both LOL.... it’s not a difficult job if you know what your doing but can easily turn into an expensive nightmare. The biggest issue is the potential to butcher connectors. This helps Recognizing & Disconnecting Cable Connectors
I should have clarified. I meant if he doesn't want to fix it himself send it to DJI, but fixing it yourself is what I would do because it is cheaper...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4