Whats your opinion?

Reaction score
Send it in or cut my losses??
Took off this morning got 100 ft up 200ft out & bird dropped from sky. DJI say send bird battery & remote in!

Here's the problem, remoted has been modded for pigtails.
What you guys think? Anyone dealt with this? Cut my loss and move on!!??

Maybe check out the log and see what it shows before you assume they will assume it's due to the mod.

Send it in or cut my losses??
Took off this morning got 100 ft up 200ft out & bird dropped from sky. DJI say send bird battery & remote in!

Here's the problem, remoted has been modded for pigtails.
What you guys think? Anyone dealt with this? Cut my loss and move on!!??
They are not going to warranty it if the controller has been modified..they may offer a discount

Yes Bob you're right. That's why am curious what others have done in the situation. And am I mistaken or if I send it in and they evaluated and see that I have modded it charge me for any repairs without my express consent

And would a power failure even have anything to do with the remote

if you want me, i can take it apart and check it out to find out if it's worth repairing.

From personal experience, the time you'll be out while waiting for a fix seems like an eternity so if it's affordable, I would recommend replacing and either selling off the parts... gimbal alone is 399 brand new, or keeping for back up parts.

I know how to fix it if thats my only option, this was a mechanical failure ( man i hate talking like this, ive laughed so many threads at people not taking responsibility for their actions) now I'm saying it! Battery was locked in and stayed in even upon crash. Went straight up and out ,it just fell. So if its the bird and its under warranty i would like it replaced. Unfortunately ive been enjoying a couple months of souped up modified flights so a may not be entitled!

Yes Bob you're right. That's why am curious what others have done in the situation. And am I mistaken or if I send it in and they evaluated and see that I have modded it charge me for any repairs without my express consent
They will let you know how much the repair is if they determine it is your responsibility- but you are out the shipping costs and the lost time of being without it

I know how to fix it if thats my only option, this was a mechanical failure ( man i hate talking like this, ive laughed so many threads at people not taking responsibility for their actions) now I'm saying it! Battery was locked in and stayed in even upon crash. Went straight up and out ,it just fell. So if its the bird and its under warranty i would like it replaced. Unfortunately ive been enjoying a couple months of souped up modified flights so a may not be entitled!

Let me know if you need any parts.

Reactions: dirtybum
They will let you know how much the repair is if they determine it is your responsibility- but you are out the shipping costs and the lost time of being without it
If thats true bob, i can handle the timeout and the rejection, so i might as well send it in and see what happens!

Reactions: bobmyers
I am curios also, If the mod was only on the remote, could he have purchased another remote. It would not be linked, but?

I am curios also, If the mod was only on the remote, could he have purchased another remote. It would not be linked, but?
Any P3P remote can be linked to any P3P within 2 minutes. Plenty of remotes available cheap from guys that crashed shortly after purchase. I have several extras, as the replacement birds all come with new remotes, for the same price DJI wants for a bird alone, and you get a new battery and a second charger.

Any P3P remote can be linked to any P3P within 2 minutes. Plenty of remotes available cheap from guys that crashed shortly after purchase. I have several extras, as the replacement birds all come with new remotes, for the same price DJI wants for a bird alone, and you get a new battery and a second charger.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. The but? meant would this flag DJI that this was not the remote your using since it is not linked to the bird.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. The but? meant would this flag DJI that this was not the remote your using since it is not linked to the bird.
Just link it to the bird, before sending it in, with the bird.

Just link it to the bird, before sending it in, with the bird.
Sorry, I assumed his bird was broke like the gimbal / camera would have been totaled. In other words, he wouldn't be able to re-link it before he sent it in. Looking back through his post I can't tell that. I have a thinking problem, I think to much.
:)

Sorry, I assumed his bird was broke like the gimbal / camera would have been totaled. In other words, he wouldn't be able to re-link it before he sent it in. Looking back through his post I can't tell that. I have a thinking problem, I think to much.
:)
Good point. However, in that case, they also likely wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't linked either, which really isn't a requirement. As long as you send in a working DJI P3P transmitter, they can relink it after repair, to verify everything works, even if you normally use another modded transmitter.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Update.... I sent in the bird and battery. Took my chances and DID NOT send in the controller. They fixed bird and camera sent it back

Update.... I sent in the bird and battery. Took my chances and DID NOT send in the controller. They fixed bird and camera sent it back
Awesome! They really don't need the controller if it was clearly a battery shutoff in midair! They also usually don't want the battery back. Just pictures of the battery serial number. Did you also ask them not to mess with the firmware on the aircraft?
Which firmware did they return it with?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik