Whats Your Best P2V+ Setup for Android?

Reaction score
Can P2V+ users add here which android device and op system they use, which app and version they use on the device and have no issues? I know theres a few posts like this but they branch off into all kinds, im just waiting for my P2V+ to be delivered and intend to buy an Android tablet to use with it, have some apps ready to add to it but interested in what others are using without problems. I guess the Tablet/device also needs certain things, i like FPV flying and think the only way i can carry on using my goggles is to get a tablet with HDMI out - into some converter and then into my goggles, OR do they just need the 2.4ghz receiver? Can anyone else using goggles with their P2V+ advise on that?

Mine:
P2V+:
Firmware unknown as yet.

Android Tablet: To be decided.
Android Version: To be decided.

Apps:
Litchi for DJI Phantom 2_v2.7.2 (to be tested).
DJI_VISION_V1.0.59 (to be tested).
com.dji.vision-ilovecoffee-mod-v11(to be tested) .

Goggles:
Fat Shark Attitudes with inbuilt 5.8ghz receiver.

Well my P2V+ arrived, test flown - nice, the only app i could get half working is the Vision 1.0.59, i see video and can control the cam using my mobile phone, unable to cache maps though or im doing something wrong (Samsung GTN-7000) / Android 4.1.2

I am using the Nvidia Shield K1 with the most recent OS and firmware and I think it's great. It has a wonderfully sharp eight inch screen. Some complain about the compass on their K1 but my compass seems to be okay.

Which app do you use for flying Mark? Ill have a look at that K1 sometime, if i can get the maps working on this mobile phone ill be happy with that, it has a good size screen ... but then again ... im looking at using some kinda goggles with the P2V+ too so i guess ill need a tablet with some outputs on it at some point too.

I use Litchi for P2

BTW, this morning was my 3rd flight with the K1 and the **** thing crashed on me. When I tried to reload it, the whole tablet crashed and had to be rebooted which isn't good in the middle of a flight - especially when it's a distance run.

Oof yeh that could be costly, that GPS system is a god send in more ways that one :)
I tried to run Litchi but it popped up something about GooglePlay so i closed it as i dont have an account on there.

Of course, i just download the APKs usually though and avoid spyware and stuff lol, so you think it needs the account to cache the maps?

Edit: Hmmm ... Google Play services is used to update Google apps and apps from Google Play ... i dont want it to update the app as the newer versions dont support the P2V+ ?

I dont have many apps on my Moby, rarely use it, Itunes/Google Play just invites bloatware from what ive experienced hence me only downloading the APKs and installing myself, has your Litchi updated beyone 2.7.2 for Litchi? (I think thats the P2V+ one?)

Yep 2.7.2

For example, if your compass isn't working right on your Litchi, you can get a compass app from google play and calibrate it which will cause your litchi compass to work correctly

I grew up on Ken argos dji ultimate flight for p2v3+ on androids. Tried litchi but do not like the compass handling and heard too many horror stories of fly away missions. That may not be fair as it is probably op errors. So I still use nothing but UF.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj