What's Wrong With This Video??

Reaction score
I'm starting to get much better at video editing and shooting the drone footage. But this one didn't turn out so great. You can see as you watch that I still have a lot to learn in regards to smoother yaw and gimbal movements. But there seems to be a ton of what I guess is "Noise" in a lot of this video. I tried using denoise in editing but it didn't seem to do anything. Any help here?

What settings on the camera were used?

The colour grading on it seems a bit strong. This can add to the introduction of noise as well as other factors such as high ISO, over sharpening, editing compressed footage etc.

WIth your Yaw and tilt practice being as smooth as possible and use very very fine movements. also try usin an ND filter and tilt your camera down slightly when flying forward fast to help[ eliminate props that will ruin your shots.

Reactions: DirtyHarry
What settings on the camera were used?

The colour grading on it seems a bit strong. This can add to the introduction of noise as well as other factors such as high ISO, over sharpening, editing compressed footage etc.
I film in Mp4, 1920x1080, and I recently changed a setting that drastically improved the color and brightness of the videos straight from the camera prior to any editing. I forget what that setting is called and I can't look it up right now because my drone is enroute to Cali to be worked on again.

I film in Mp4, 1920x1080, and I recently changed a setting that drastically improved the color and brightness of the videos straight from the camera prior to any editing. I forget what that setting is called and I can't look it up right now because my drone is enroute to Cali to be worked on again.

Vivid! It was called Vivid.

Along with practicing smooth flying, there are some tricks in post you can do. I usually do one POI shot for my real estate videos and they're just not smooth, even with the p3 doing all the flying- so I almost always add warp stabilization in Premiere and it pretty much fixes everything.
Obviously it depends on what software you're using for processing, but there should be some sort of stabilization options.

Reactions: Gary M

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4