What's Wrong with my motors?

Reaction score
Hello I just got my props in today for my phantom and installed them onto my new t motors.
My phantom dident even get off the ground, it dident seem to want to fly straight up like normally.
I cant figure out what the problem is, i looked at the direction all the props were spinning, and they all seem to be spinning clock wise. I wanted to know if this is the way they are supposed to spin? I did solder all the cables like it said in the diagram. So im not too sure.

If they're ALL spinning clockwise - that's your problem. 2 spin clockwise, 2 spin counter clockwise. Go to assistant software and use motor test - it'll show you which motors turn which way

EMCSQUAR said:
If they're ALL spinning clockwise - that's your problem. 2 spin clockwise, 2 spin counter clockwise. Go to assistant software and use motor test - it'll show you which motors turn which way

Thanks, But i dont see motor test in the assistant software.
I just upgraded it to the latest firmware, kinda disappointed that i have go threw even more hurdles.
What part of the assistant is the motor test in, view,basic, advanced,tools...?

So im guessing i wil going to have to unscrew everything again and re solder two motors?

Yes you will have to unscrew everything again, yes its a *****. The motor test is under basic and then aircraft. Use the first or second pictures

Yes thanks i just unscrewed everything today and soldered the motors the proper way, My phantom is still having problems, Instead of flying up when i hit the throttle it wants to fly forward.

I am a bit confused, i try to runt the naza m on a computer but it was not able to connect with my controller even when i installed the drivers, I am using a mac and they dont have a naza m program for mac.
And we dont have a older version of windows.

I duno what to do anymore.
I might just buy some factory motors, and if that dont work im going to sell it , some one else can figure it out.

GodsCreat0r said:
Yes thanks i just unscrewed everything today and soldered the motors the proper way, My phantom is still having problems, Instead of flying up when i hit the throttle it wants to fly forward.

I am a bit confused, i try to runt the naza m on a computer but it was not able to connect with my controller even when i installed the drivers, I am using a mac and they dont have a naza m program for mac.
And we dont have a older version of windows.

I duno what to do anymore.
I might just buy some factory motors, and if that dont work im going to sell it , some one else can figure it out.

This is a perfect example of why people should just be happy with their Phantoms as they come, and not tinker with them until they really know what they're doing.

One way or another, every Phantom owner needs to figure out how to connect their Phantom to their computer,
and if you're on Mac, you need to install windows on that (using Parallels or similar, or Bootcamp).

If the Phantom flies, but flies forward , sounds like the internal gyro's are messed up and you need to run IMU calibration.

Gizmo3000 said:
This is a perfect example of why people should just be happy with their Phantoms as they come, and not tinker with them until they really know what they're doing.

One way or another, every Phantom owner needs to figure out how to connect their Phantom to their computer,
and if you're on Mac, you need to install windows on that (using Parallels or similar, or Bootcamp).

If the Phantom flies, but flies forward , sounds like the internal gyro's are messed up and you need to run IMU calibration.

I did not want to change my motors but i had too because two of them stoped working for me and i decided to try and get a upgraded motor since i was going to have to replace them anyways.

I reset the imu and the btu. but am still having the same problem.

I will try and find a way of connecting it to the naza m.
But if my motors are spinning correctly and my imu and btu are correct, then what is the problem?

Just a quick update, I found out a huge noob mistake i made.
I did not realize the props would need to be in the same orientation as before.(props against the spin of the motor)
I dident expect this since i have little knowledge about air dynamics and how the propellers work.
Never the less i figured that out, thanks to all the tid bits i read here and there on this wonderful forum.

But im glad that its not flying into the ground But now i have a problem that is a real mystery to me.

These t motors are supposed to be more powerful.
I applied full throttle onto my motors and there was no lift.
Instead it stood in one placeand one of the arms was shaking a bit when it was in full acceleration.
These motors are very powerful, But why is there no lift, Its not any more heavy then it was stock.
And i did not make any modifications to to body

Why would this be happening?

The motors are spinning the correct way.
Is it possible all 4 props are wrong now?

Heres a picture of one of the 4 arms.

Attachments

• rsz_2photo.jpg
    rsz_2photo.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 504
Another update, just for those falling into the same problems as me.
Feel free to comment and try answer one of my next smaller problems.

These new props actually are supposed to be put on the same way the arrows show, since they are not self tightening, It is not the same as the other self tightening props.

I was soo glad and happy to see my dji phantom up in the air again.
Its like flying for a first time almost.
When taking off it does still seem to lean a little.
Once in the air i can see it still leaning back and trying to fly backwards a little.

I dont mind this in the air as much but it will be harder to re orient myself with the direction i am flying.
I read somone before who had a similar problem but there was stock like this.
I am wondering if this is something to do with the new firmware since i did upgrade the firmware yesterday.

I did just rest my imu and btu so it kinda leads me to believe that it is.
If it is or if it is not, Is there a way for me to recalibrate this manually so that the tilt is not pushing my phantom back at all when i try and lift and when i am in the air.

Currently i am lifting and pushing a little forward so that it does fly right into me when i am standing behind it.
I dont wana get hit by one of those props.

Thanks

GodsCreat0r said:
The motors are spinning the correct way.
Is it possible all 4 props are wrong now?

Heres a picture of one of the 4 arms.

If you got the zero gravity motors like I did, there is a good chance that the labels on the motors themselves are labeled incorrectly. The ones labeled cw are actually ccw and ccw are labeled cw. I had to switch the motors and resolder everything to get them to work correctly. Total bs in my mind. I spent $200 for motors that were literally *** backwards

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1