What's too HOT?

Reaction score
Live in Texas. We are in the 100 degree range all week. Should I be flying the Phantom in this type of heat? Flew it yesterday at about 3 pm while it was 100 degrees and was quite worried it would sputter out.

ALSO, if I am flying in the brightest part of the day what is the best ISO I should use when filming? Not real happy with the video I got yesterday at 3pm with my ISO set on Auto. Appreciate the help!

I've flown many times in 100 plus temps with no noticeable differences.

The auto settings don't produce the best results. For bright sun I use 100 ISO, white balance set to sun.

Bateman233 said:
Live in Texas. We are in the 100 degree range all week. Should I be flying the Phantom in this type of heat? Flew it yesterday at about 3 pm while it was 100 degrees and was quite worried it would sputter out.

ALSO, if I am flying in the brightest part of the day what is the best ISO I should use when filming? Not real happy with the video I got yesterday at 3pm with my ISO set on Auto. Appreciate the help!

Although. Temp ratings are substantial, I personally have wondered if flying during the heat of the day, particularly in the hotter regions of the Country coupled with what may be extended flying periods are at the root cause of some of the issues as they relate to overheating of the Wifi module within the hull of the Phantom, just a thought, nothing confirmed at his point however.

I flew a bit today in sub-90 temps (but in the midday sun at 7000' in the US desert southwest) and the quad was fine, but my iPhone overheated (screen went blank; when I pressed the power button it said something about how it needed to cool down)...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20