Whats the secret to using the DJI Go built in map?

Reaction score
What's the secret to using the DJI Go built in map?

I have a Phantom 3 Profession. I just bought a Samsung J3 cell phone with data, gps and wifi, running Android 5 OS. I installed the DJI Go app , have an account....go outside, get a gps lock from the drone and the phone.

However.....the map's lettering is in chinese and when you zone in from 'earth view'....the map is blank and grid lines.

Attachments

• CIMG1290.JPG
    CIMG1290.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 507
  • CIMG1291.JPG
    CIMG1291.JPG
    992.4 KB · Views: 457
I googled DJI Go map app...read something about leaving everything on near a wifi and letting the DJI Go build a map cache.

It's been over 45 minutes and still, nothing seems to be 'updating' the map.

In your General Settings you need to disable Calibrate Coordinates for Mainland China, and turn on Cache Map in the Background.

General Settings --- Calibrate Map Coordinates for Mainland China ..---found that and now it is turned off.

turn on Cache Map in the Background. ---- Where is that located? Not seeing it under General Settings.

On my screen it's directly under the one you've turned off, but that's on a tablet running IOS. I think on the Android version, the maps cache automatically...Connect to wi-fi with the GO app open, and your maps should start to load...scroll round the area you want to fly, and the map should start to populate.

".Connect to wi-fi with the GO app open, and your maps should start to load...scroll round the area you want to fly, and the map should start to populate. ""

Done that...... no mapping population.

I've just opened the GO app on a Nexus 7 and the maps load automatically Both the China references are turned off, and I've got Show Flight Route enabled, although that shouldn't make any difference to the maps loading.

Hope you get it sorted

Just a quick thought... is Google Maps installed on your phone? If not, that could be your problem.

In my version of the GO app in the General Settings, in the Map section it has 3 lines..top line is Enable Amap? (For China Mainland)...next line is Calibrate Map Coordinates (For Mainland China)....third line is Show Flight Route.

I'm running version 2.8.1 of the GO app. on a Nexus 7

I recently had the same problem with the grid lines and the chinese writing on a new tab e,dont know what i did to fix it though. I know i was trying the inland china map thing,but it didnt seem to change anything. After a day or two it seemed to fix itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl