What's the longest you've had no signal?

Reaction score
a scary feeling, "connection lost".
What's the longest you've been disconnected (including waypoint missions), and then relieved to hear that wonderful zzzzzzzzzzzzzz overhead?

About 2 minutes with the P3P. 5 minutes with the P4 using the stock setup! Lost signal 1.5 miles away, and signal was not restored until it was within 1000 feet! :eek: It was buggy as heck, with lousy range, until I added a boosted DBS-02 antenna! Then, it sang and was good out to almost 6 miles! :cool:

12 mins. That was on a litchi mission. The buzz you get when you hear it come back and can't see it is unreal. Just as exciting as when the drone gets taken out the box for the first time when you bought it [emoji4]

12 mins?! I'd have passed out by 5 with my pucker factor off the scale! Even with "anything that can happen to it" insurance in place, that's still a stressful time! (State Farm, $30/yr for $750 coverage). Get covered, it helps with the adrenaline big time

Under normal circumstances, signal should be restored during RTH, as the aircraft first rotates towards home, then ascends to the set RTH height, and then makes a beeline for home. The ascension restores obstruction of LOS, and the RTH brings it back within signal range. Should never be more than a minute or two at most, unless RTH altitude is set insanely high!

Reactions: 120CCPM
Since I mostly fly Litchi waypoints missions that is not a problem. I know that the P4 is continuing the mission and since the last waypoint is directly overhead and 50 feet high it’ll appear there at the correct time. It’s not failed once. Love Litchi!!
Jim
Wa5tef

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan