What's the latest on cracking shell replacements from DJI?

Reaction score
I'm about 70 flights in now, I figured I was one of the more fortunate people that have a P3P with a robust shell. I just took a look at the thread regarding differences in shells, went to go look at mine, and "NOOOOOOoooooooo.....!!!!". There they are, a crack on both rear arms, around the inside of the deeper screw holes. I am so bummed.

What is the latest these days with DJI and these dreaded cracks? Do you have to send the bird back, and they replace the shell, no questions asked? Or do they send you the new shell? What's the best way to approach it? Phone call? Email?

Thanks in advance.

MMJ

You need to send your bird in. Call to get an RMA before sending it in.

If you're handy and you don't mind fixing it yourself, you can pick up a new shell for less than it'll cost you to ship your bird back to DJI.

Last edited:
call them directly. i got a free shipping label to send it in, and it only took less than two weeks for the repair. i wouldn't risk voiding your warranty by doing it yourself, even if you have to pay the shipping yourself.

If you're handy and you don't mind fixing it yourself, you can pick up a new shell for less than it'll cost you to ship your bird back to DJI.

Wow so now they charge you to fix their problem? And your an approved vendor? You should be ashamed of yourself.

J0ck0, that's a good point. If you open your Phantom, it will probably void parts of the warranty (according to DJI's warranty on their website). I have seen some people crash highly modified P2V+'s on this forum, send them into DJI, and get a credit towards a new one. So, their warranty is a bit mysterious.

And your an approved vendor? You should be ashamed of yourself.
What exactly should I be ashamed of?

Last edited:
The fact that was even mentioned for the consumer to pay for shipping to send a defective product back. Multiple people already reported that shipping was covered. I have nothing against you, you have been helpful in some of my posts. But, your a vendor that shouldn't even be mentioned that the consumer be charged for shipping on fixing a defective product. That's poor customer service in my opinion.

But, your a vendor that shouldn't even be mentioned that the consumer be charged for shipping on fixing a defective product. That's poor customer service in my opinion.
I support this website by advertising here. That's why I have the "Approved Vendor" badge on the left. I do not design Phantoms, manufacturer them, sell them, nor am I in any way affiliated with DJI. I have read many posts on this topic and it's a well known fact that many people have paid to ship their Phantoms to DJI for repair. It might be poor customer service, but it's not something I can take the blame for. You're barking up the wrong tree ;)

I have sent 2 different Phantoms in and DJI honored the warranty and covered shipping to and from on both trips.

Also the turnaround time was less than 2 weeks each time.

I commend them on their warranty work 100 percent.

Reactions: bobmyers
Who cares? Warranty covers it, and if you don't want to wait for DJI warranty a complete new shell costs $60-70. Just monitor it and don't worry.

My cracked P3P is scheduled to arrive back to me tomorrow. DJI paid all shipping costs and repair was under warranty as well. The whole process took just over two weeks which is pretty good - especially considering they shipped it back to me in Canada.
They're still a bit lacking when it comes to information as I was not told anything other than "your item has been repaired and is on its way back to you".
Regardless, they repaired it and the turnaround was very quick... no complaints here.

My cracked P3P is scheduled to arrive back to me tomorrow. DJI paid all shipping costs and repair was under warranty as well. The whole process took just over two weeks which is pretty good - especially considering they shipped it back to me in Canada.
They're still a bit lacking when it comes to information as I was not told anything other than "your item has been repaired and is on its way back to you".
Regardless, they repaired it and the turnaround was very quick... no complaints here.

Can I ask how long you had your P3 before encountering cracks?

Where can I pick up a new shell? I don't know if I'm handy but I've flown mine for 5 months (two months with cracks) now so I don't even know if they'll replace it now and I don't really trust them. I had an intimate knowledge with all my P2s, guess its time to develop the same with my 3.

Reactions: jcknows0
Just gotta sit back and laugh! Such a simple process. So much voodoo involved. Just gotta laugh!

Just gotta sit back and laugh! Such a simple process. So much voodoo involved. Just gotta laugh!
Process might be simpler but people want to read again and again as people come to forum to find out the solution or to help others.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik