What's the farthest anyone's been with a P2V?

Reaction score
This morning I went 4.3 miles out and back with my orignal Vision FPV the whole way out and back. I have the record on Flytrex I was curious has anyone gone further then that outside of Flytrex?

Best I've been was 8500' and that was with stage 3 antennas from FPVLR and about used up all my battery so ya done great .
Not sure how you did it but good distance .

He used FPVLR kit, amps, and bird side fpvlr kits as well.
I don't have the amps . Looks like it makes a lot of difference !!

Best I've been was 8500' and that was with stage 3 antennas from FPVLR and about used up all my battery so ya done great .
Not sure how you did it but good distance .
Yeah I have the 12 turn 5.8 ghz and the 8 1/2 turn 2.4 ghz helical antennas from FPVLR Sunhans 2000mw 5.8 ghz and 3000mw 2.4 ghz gives it a much stronger but more narrow beam then the stage 3 setup.

Reactions: dirkclod
4.4 miles is my new number I landed with 20% battery so I figure 5 miles is possible. I have a 12 1/2 turn 2.4 ghz antenna coming so that should give me the FPV range to get 5 miles I could fly it out that far now but after 4.4 miles the fpv would drop out and the last half mile I would be blind I think that is kind of cheating kind of like ghost ridding the drone if cant get the video signal back i turn around.

I just don't get what I used to but when I got my stuff the stage 2 wasn't even on the plate then and Happy and I made them for our TX's and
so I believe I might be slighted outdated with my stuff like myself and need a tune up :) I guess It been about a year and my antennas really need to be replaced but with the 3 out now I think the Vision might need to be too.
You kicking butt with the 4.4 with FPV !

I just don't get what I used to but when I got my stuff the stage 2 wasn't even on the plate then and Happy and I made them for our TX's and
so I believe I might be slighted outdated with my stuff like myself and need a tune up :) I guess It been about a year and my antennas really need to be replaced but with the 3 out now I think the Vision might need to be too.
You kicking butt with the 4.4 with FPV !
Thanks dirk. Yeah I know what your talking about the stage 2 was two separate antennas where as now they are mounted on a single plate. I imagine the new way works alot better because the and antennas are on the same plane. I appreciate you responding with the newer versions of the Phantom no one really talks on the vision thread anymore. Have a great day

Thanks dirk. Yeah I know what your talking about the stage 2 was two separate antennas where as now they are mounted on a single plate. I imagine the new way works alot better because the and antennas are on the same plane. I appreciate you responding with the newer versions of the Phantom no one really talks on the vision thread anymore. Have a great day
No they don't and as far as on the same plane I got em that way with my own plate and Tony helped me with the distances to put them apart
when I did it . Those only had 4 turns with the 5.8 where now I believe they have 5 .
Anyway you be safe and keep on getting out there !! :)

No they don't and as far as on the same plane I got em that way with my own plate and Tony helped me with the distances to put them apart
when I did it . Those only had 4 turns with the 5.8 where now I believe they have 5 .
Anyway you be safe and keep on getting out there !! :)
8800 feet with a stage 3 is awesome if you add boosters to what you already got you might double your range.

Yesterday I got 5400 feet right out of my back yard in a hilly forest terrain launching from a valley. I just shot out between two trees and headed out hoping for the best. I was using a stage 3, no control amp, but I did have an amp on the FPV side - only because I was trying to get my FPV antenna as far as possible away from the plate. The FPV did cut out at 4900 feet but then it came back as I was turning around at 5400 feet. It only turned around because I had the safety zone set at just over a mile on my Litchi app.

I still have a lot of upside. I've got a 2000 mw control amp that I didn't use, a 12 turn helix for control I haven't even tried yet, and a farm up north in mind that I want to launch from. I also have some ideas on the FPV, as well as a slightly better antenna. But even if I thought I could, I don't think I'll try to beat 4 miles. I get nervous when I see my battery get low.

Somebody named KEITH on fpvlr posted a review saying he got 5 miles with an original Vision and Tony's long range helix antennas. This was in Sept.

I had upgraded T Motors 8 turn helical fpv 3000mw booster the big 12 turn control with 2000mw booster so I had a lot going on never put a battery mod but I still got 25 minute flight time with a lime fuel LP 60.

Yep - I got the 12 turn but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. And I got my eye on the 8-turn.

There's also a 4 watt sunhams I saw on amazon a couple days ago. I've never heard of anybody using that one though so I'm kinda nervous about it, but I'm thinking of that too.

And I have a 6000 mah ofeely battery which is supposed to run 34 minutes. I haven't pushed it that far yet but it's solid. The three cells are within three mv of each other and it shows 6300 mah on a full charge. It's completely compatible with the DJI software.

Congrats!

Be careful with that type of battery. I don't think those are as good of quality as lime fuel I had one myself and when I was flying home it went from 66% battery - 29% in a matter of seconds. I ended up losing the drone. None of those batteries get to what they claim as far as minute wise. Line fuel batteries are just as reliable if not more then DJI batteries plus you get a year warranty with them. The 2000mw is really good but I'm sure the 4000 better. I've moved up to the p3 I have the distance world record 8.2 miles 16.4 round t rip 32 minutes. Sun Hans boosters are awesome I'm sure that 4000 watt is sweet.

Best I've gotten is 1400', and that was a long time ago. Nowadays I'm lucky to see 400'. Maybe 450'. Not sure why, but it's not that big of a deal because I get nervous if I can't see my bird . . . :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik