What's the deal with New Egg?

Reaction score
I took advantage of P4 for $729 and yesterday it was supposed to ship ( from DJI?) and now the order info says "processing, please allow 1-2 days processing"?

I hop[e this isn't going to take a month! The weather and winds are perfect for flying here...have a break from the winter.

Have patience please.

I know it is difficult to decide what model to buy but once decided and ordered, we can't wait to get it into our hands.

Reactions: Droneted
DJI is currently selling Phantom 4 Refurbs Directly from their Discount Page for $729, which is the price I got mine for on EBAY from DroneNerds. It is an excellent price.

Tardisman

If it weren't for then having to invest in new batteries and a few other P3 exclusives, I might have considered the upgrade.
I have 3 batteries for my P3P and I can't imagine having to deal with only one. Only if I could charge in the field in less than 15 minutes maybe. But that's a different thread.

If it weren't for then having to invest in new batteries and a few other P3 exclusives, I might have considered the upgrade.
I have 3 batteries for my P3P and I can't imagine having to deal with only one. Only if I could charge in the field in less than 15 minutes maybe. But that's a different thread.

The OEM batteries are so expensive for p4 and p4p. No wonder there are knockoffs for almost half the price on ebay. As far as P4P goes it did not and I don't think in the very near future will the prices drop significantly as the P4 has.

DJI is currently selling Phantom 4 Refurbs Directly from their Discount Page for $729, which is the price I got mine for on EBAY from DroneNerds. It is an excellent price.

Tardisman

Just an FYI, the P4 I got from New Egg ( refurb) came in "pristine" condition. I could not tell at all it had been used. Perfectly packaged and not thrown together, no smudge marks at all on the quad - look like brand new. Going to keep ordering from them for anything refurbished. No dents on box at all. So, if your thinking about the purchase they are the " go to" for refurb. Excellent.

Just an FYI, the P4 I got from New Egg ( refurb) came in "pristine" condition. I could not tell at all it had been used. Perfectly packaged and not thrown together, no smudge marks at all on the quad - look like brand new. Going to keep ordering from them for anything refurbished. No dents on box at all. So, if your thinking about the purchase they are the " go to" for refurb. Excellent.
Let us know how it flies. Sounds like a good buy.

I happen to get it during those few days at $729 - really wanted the P4P but that price isn't moving downwards. So, yes- i could not wait to try it outside to give it a real test but flew indoors! whew..
It worked fine, the warm up sounds different on the P3. The p3 after startup gives double vroom vroom. This started perfectly and saw on the screen a warning engines warming up. It seems to be quieter than the P3 adv that I had? Hmmm The propellers are certainly more durable on the P4.

We gad gusts up to 17 ( according to UAV program) but I live off of a lake and the gusts felt more like 25-30. The little flying I did do was to test obstacle avoidance and it worked perfectly. Actually I trust Accueweather via the internet for whether forecasts.

I also bought the new prop mounts from DJI with the springs - I have to put them on but I can see why now this is a needed change. I realized that without the springs after a large number of prop changes the plastic meets plastic may start to give out, Just what I suspect, could probably do without them too.

In my opinion the price will come down soon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj