What's the best version firmware to be on?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal, and mine is running 3.04
I've read a lot about new DJI issues with firmware version 3.04 and I didn't want to run into any of these issues... Should I downgrade to a different version, or what.. Is their a firmware version that is both reliable and compatible with the H3-3D gimbal? I've heard that everyone loves version 1.08 or something like that so is that what I should do, and if so how?

Thanks to anyone that can steer me in the right direction, and it really appreciate the incredible support from this amazing forum! Thanks, dbolner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: What's the best version firmware to be on?

I love version 3.04 except the new speed restrictions. For me it's the best FW yet. Very happy.

Here's the low down for Phantom 2
V1.08 = Original, full horizontal and vertical speed, no restrictions
V2.00 = Reduced max descend speed to 3m/s, added ground station support
V3.00 = Added no-fly zones, H3-3D support
V3.02 = Reduced max descend speed to 2m/s
v3.04 = Reduced max pitch to 15/25 degrees depending on mode from 25/35. Reduced horizontal airspeed

All versions have issues in areas with high magnetic declination, a fix may be coming soon
You can go between V1.08 and V2 at will. But once you go to the V3, it was said that you cannot easily go back to V1.08 to V2

I went successfully from 3.0 to 2.0 but that was before they brought out 3.02, 3.04. Now it seems that with 3.04 the only option is 1.08.

Happy with 2.0 and not intending to change until I have to. Hopefully eventually they will allow us to alter descent speed and tilt angle etc.

dbolner said:
I've read a lot about new DJI issues with firmware version 3.04 and I didn't want to run into any of these issues...

The only issue with the 3.04 is the reduce limits. All the other issues claimed against 3.04 are unfounded speculation. Other than the reduced limits, 3.04 is actually very good.

ianwood said:
dbolner said:
I've read a lot about new DJI issues with firmware version 3.04 and I didn't want to run into any of these issues...

The only issue with the 3.04 is the reduce limits. All the other issues claimed against 3.04 are unfounded speculation. Other than the reduced limits, 3.04 is actually very good.

It's a good idea to listen to Ian.

I am in v2.00, i like the freedom of speed and going into airports, and going high enough to touch the clouds and just kidding :lol:

Sana

macheung said:
Here's the low down for Phantom 2
V1.08 = Original, full horizontal and vertical speed, no restrictions
V2.00 = Reduced max descend speed to 3m/s, added ground station support
V3.00 = Added no-fly zones, H3-3D support
V3.02 = Reduced max descend speed to 2m/s
v3.04 = Reduced max pitch to 15/25 degrees depending on mode from 25/35. Reduced horizontal airspeed

All versions have issues in areas with high magnetic declination, a fix may be coming soon
You can go between V1.08 and V2 at will. But once you go to the V3, it was said that you cannot easily go back to V1.08 to V2

ill have number 1 please, with extra sauce on the side, thank you :D

ianwood said:
Other than the reduced limits, 3.04 is actually very good.

Apparently 3.05 is even better.... ISN'T IT IAN???!!!! :oops: :oops: :evil:

ianwood said:
The only issue with the 3.04 is the reduce limits.

Just to clarify, the speed limits in 3.04 are both horizontal and vertical. I find both problematic.

Kelly

Yes, unless mentioned, each change in firmware is cumulative and includes the changes from all previous firmware.
I really do hope DJI ads in user adjustable options. Training wheels are OK, but you eventually want to take them off.

macheung said:
Training wheels are OK, but you eventually want to take them off.

+999

So is there anyway to downgrade from 3.04? I'm not liking the speed restrictions at all.

A Pro version of the Firmware/Assistant software with disclaimer and all the user options to modify restrictions and settings would be awesome.

What are the actual speed restrictions? in mph?

I've been out shooting boats/wakeboarding with previous firmware and I was overtaking the boat easily at 21mph. This was VERY handy.

With the exception of some mountain bikes or cars, I don't think I'd need anything faster, but it would be handy to know roughly what hte max speed would be under 3.04

Cheers!

You're not going to like the new speed limits. You might be able to catch a canoe or kayak, but not a typical waterskiing/wakeboarding boat.

Kelly

darn. thanks Kelly. I've been holding off on flying for now due to compass and weather.
I guess my next question/research will be reverting back to 3.02

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forum Fiend v1.2.7.

I have one P2 on 3.0 and another P2 on 3.04. The difference in speed is remarkable. I'd like both of my P2's on 3.0, but can't go back from 3.04 unfortunately. One thing I noticed in 3.04 is the vertical speed doesn't seem to be limited.

This is horrible news for me and I'm more than disappointed.

Is it just in Phantom mode or does the speed restriction go for NAZA aswell?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl