What's the best tablet for a Phantom 3?

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking into getting a phantom 3 but I was wonder what tablet brings the best experience. I know what tablets are compatible but, I heard once on a YouTube video that apple tablets have much smoother video feed than android tablet.

Thanks

Apple tablets seem to work better out of the box since they don't have a bunch of bloatware installed on them. Check out these tips to optimize an Android tablet if you decide to go that route.

FWIW, I'm using an iPad Mini 2 and haven't had any trouble with it yet.

Last edited:
The dealer I bought my P3 pro from told me all of their employees use the Nvidia Shield. I bought one, works great. Amazon $299. It is a gaming tablet and has high speed graphics and a bunch of other techie stuff I done understand lol

I have the Nexus II 2013 version and it works a treat at a fraction of the price of the shield and ipads!!

I have the Nexus II 2013 version and it works a treat at a fraction of the price of the shield and ipads!!

Only hard to get for rip off prices. Unbelievable what people dare to ask for a second hand one :mad:

Hello, I am looking into getting a phantom 3 but I was wonder what tablet brings the best experience. I know what tablets are compatible but, I heard once on a YouTube video that apple tablets have much smoother video feed than android tablet.

Thanks
I have the iPad mini 3...it would be PERFECT! EXCEPT...I can't see a THING in daylight despite the use of a monitor hood. Living in the South, with all the sunshine, you can see my problem! Other than that small problem, my iPad mini w/wifi and cell service is great! Smooth video feed (in the dark that is...LOL!) perfect size, no problems.

Only hard to get for rip off prices. Unbelievable what people dare to ask for a second hand one :mad:
I bought a mint one off of eBay two weeks ago. 32 GB version for $128 with free shipping. Of course my kids want to load it up with games so I am looking for another and haven't been able to find a deal again. I did find some used 32 GB ones on Amazon back then for $120 (16 GB were $108). Just checked and they are now $199 (32GB) or $139 (16GB) Maybe too many P3 pilots bidding on them and driving up the price. Works really well however.

Brand new here and am still learning...I have been using an iPhone 6 and contemplating getting a tablet instead of using the phone. Does it need to be a tablet with cellular or can it be wifi only? What would be the drawbacks of using wifi only if there are any? I hate to have to drop another 3-500 on this hobby right away. I was looking at the iPad mini 2 with wifi only.

Thoughts?

Yes, as an Android user it pains me to say that there are definite issues with the app on the Android side of things.
I've not used one but the word on the street seems to be to go for the iPad Air 2 - the mini sounds like it has glare issues in moderate light. A matte anti-reflective screen protector may help there.

Brand new here and am still learning...I have been using an iPhone 6 and contemplating getting a tablet instead of using the phone. Does it need to be a tablet with cellular or can it be wifi only? What would be the drawbacks of using wifi only if there are any? I hate to have to drop another 3-500 on this hobby right away. I was looking at the iPad mini 2 with wifi only.

Thoughts?

The wifi version does not have a GPS chipset - this is not that much of a concern but means you can't set a dynamic home point to where your iPad currently is.
You can still tether it up with your phone to have map data loading when you are away from wifi if needed.

Thoughts?

Here's a good summary post from one of the guys here: http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...th-data-connectivity.47717/page-2#post-446340

I have an Air2 wifi only and just ordered a Bluetooth device to supply GPS to it. I'll let you know if it works but unfortunately I won't be able to test it until week after next.

IPad Mini 3 Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi provided by access point in phone. Less SIM cards to manage. [emoji2]

I have a Samsung galaxy tab 4 10 inch . Is there a trick to get it to fit in the holder . I can squeeze it on but the micro usb input is blocked by the clamps and the channel for the cord is not wide enough to fit the cord through and still be able to plug it in. Maybe I'm missing something I can do to get it to work. Thanks in advance

Hi ,i just bought phantom 3 professional ,and i have problem with choppy picture - latency on galaxy tab 3. Is it enough for phantom or should i buy something stronger and what ?
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic