Whats the best FPV system for Phantom 2 w/Z H3-3D

This should not be posted in this forum - This section is for Phantom 2 Mods. You should search the forums before asking questions, especially when they are as vague as that one. You will find what you are looking for in the Phantom 2 (non-Vision) forum.

WOW, you need to chill. If I'm not mistaken...adding FPV to a P2 is a Mod. I hope this post isn't too vague.

kto10 said:
WOW, you need to chill. If I'm not mistaken...adding FPV to a P2 is a Mod. I hope this post isn't too vague.
Umm, I am chilled? I am just saying that this shouldn't be here - That is why there are different forums and categories. This question has been asked many times in the appropriate forum and your answers are already there. This section is for posting actual mods, not for such a simple question that has already been asked and discussed many times. Just letting you know that there is no single straight answer to your question - Read the other topics about this and you will find out what you need to know.

I asked this question a ton, read for a long time and I finally made a choice. I am happy to help you, because for me, no one really helped me a ton. Please reply answering the following, haha.

OSD? Do you know what this is, and do you want one?
Range/What are you planning on doing with FPV (goals)?
Budget?

The rest of the important stuff I can help you will later! Glad to help because I know the feeling of being clueless on a new subject!

Hi kto10,

I agree with neil64 this question is asked every few days for some reason. If you search through the FPV section you will find a stack of information regarding it and as you'll read there isn't a definitive answer. Everyone is getting different results with different equipment. I've spent hours reading up on it all and just purchased some gear too. I went with Boscam if that's any help but I'm not saying thats the way to go, just what I think is best for me.

Just do some searching in the forum and make a decision that best suits you

I'm actually curious about what FPV to use as well since that's my next "big spend" and we're running the same models.

So far the FatShark is the easiest to use as I've heard/read/looked, but I'm curious about the other options out there and their reliability.

UrAwFuL said:
I'm actually curious about what FPV to use as well since that's my next "big spend" and we're running the same models.

So far the FatShark is the easiest to use as I've heard/read/looked, but I'm curious about the other options out there and their reliability.

Message me

yea it has been asked many times, but heck it's so much faster to learn it from someone who has already processed the knowledge. i found it's very time consuming to sort out the search results, some threads go more than 70 pages.

I bought a set of KumbaCam for my P2, good stuff, easy to setup. the velcro that attach the transmitter to the drone is not safe to use. The heat from the board will melt the adhesive on the back and soon enough the board will fell. I secured it with masking tape.

P2V+ is so much easier to use, honestly.

I tried many different setups that friends had. I settled with the Fatshark Attitude SD's, from troybuiltmodels.com.. They come with the 250mw transmitter and goggles for only $320 or so. Really nice FOV and nicely built. Get Spironet antennas!!! Then get the iosd mini, and a plug and play cable to connect directly to your gimbal out on you board. You can mount everything on the inside and drill a small hole for the antenna. Look up iosd mini and fatshark transmitter plug and play cable. It's very easy to setup, easy to use. And cheap for the quality you get. Def recommend

I would go for goggles and not screen. So much easier to use, less components, easier to take places. And your ability to see is much better. Plus practically plug and play with the phantom

ipatry, thanks for the comment.
I plan to add iODS mini later. I have been researching a Kumba Cam with 1300 ft range, seems like a clean installation. I just plan on recreational use.

neil64 said:
kto10 said:
Umm, I am chilled? I am just saying that this shouldn't be here - That is why there are different forums and categories. This question has been asked many times in the appropriate forum and your answers are already there. This section is for posting actual mods, not for such a simple question that has already been asked and discussed many times. Just letting you know that there is no single straight answer to your question - Read the other topics about this and you will find out what you need to know.

A simple "the link to the proper thread is ..." is more appropriate for a 'community'.

ALoweHah said:
neil64 said:
kto10 said:

A simple "the link to the proper thread is ..." is more appropriate for a 'community'.

Hello ALoweHah and welcome to the forums! I think you have misunderstood - there isn't a thread to link to or there would be a straight answer to the question and I would gladly just post that. To anyone wanting to know the best FPV setup, read through the other multiple threads scattered all over the forums and make your own decision - I would happily post a link to a thread with all the info, but because people keep making new posts about the same things, the information ends up spread all over and in this case, there is no best answer anyway. There are many, many options and there is no perfect, best setup; The only way to make a decision is to research the pros and cons of what is available and make an educated decision, which involves searching through and reading the numerous other FPV threads on the forums. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1