What's my battery doing?

Reaction score
My phantom suddenly flew itself off and crashed yesterday after I attempted follow me mode. Not quite sure why it did that, but the drone itself isn't too badly damaged.

The battery I had in it though, was ripped halfway out of the body, still on. Now its doing this: ( battery.mov ) .

It has been going on for hours (since last night), and it seems like it thinks that someone is pressing the power button when no one is (?)

anyone knows what it's doing? What should I do?

My phantom suddenly flew itself off and crashed yesterday after I attempted follow me mode. Not quite sure why it did that, but the drone itself isn't too badly damaged.

The battery I had in it though, was ripped halfway out of the body, still on. Now its doing this: ( battery.mov ) .

It has been going on for hours (since last night), and it seems like it thinks that someone is pressing the power button when no one is (?)

anyone knows what it's doing? What should I do?
Yes fast flashing Going on,,does it let you press and hold power for 5 sec ? How many lights come on,any sign of short circut on batt pins,just ff my head that 4 cell has been damaged,

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Just had quick search on this but only best one was this battery reset,,I know it show inspire batt but same applys...one post I read from dji Thor was hard landing can do this to,,it vibrates or shocks the circut board
Screenshot_20181223-174042.jpg

I think when batt was on the impact made the short when batt separate from pins inside drone,,did you see any markings to indercate that

I think when batt was on the impact made the short when batt separate from pins inside drone,,did you see any markings to indercate that

ohh. hmm the battery doesn't seem to have any structural damage

You can press and hold poker button of battery and it show batt heath,,,4 lights good,,3 or less it getting tired or has a short circut detection,View attachment 106620

from what i can tell, the lights are acting like someone is pressing the button and holding it there, because at the start it will show the battery level (which is what should happen if you just tap the button), then it will start to show the battery lifespan / health (which is what should happen if you hold the power button for around 5 secs)

I had a battery came out while still on kept a charge but would not work in drone any more

I had a battery came out while still on kept a charge but would not work in drone any more
Dronessky....i'm confused by your post.. the battery came out of what ? and Now it dont work No more ? on charge ?

Was told if battery comes out or removed while on it fry's them mine would let me lift off then it would shut down other batterys no problem

Was told if battery comes out or removed while on it fry's them mine would let me lift off then it would shut down other batterys no problem
Aside from some possible damage from arcing on the power contacts (unlikely with a P3) Its hard to imagine what else might happen.

The DJI manual even states that as to : " Never pull the battery out of the drone while it's turned on" ....that spark at the internal contacts makes a spike that destroys semiconductor circuits .and that's probably why it don't work..that internal circuit board inside its damaged bad !

Reactions: dronesky

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4