What's is the fun of flying?

Reaction score
I was in a shop last week where they sold different drone models and it got me really excited. I can see the fun In flying a drone a few times and making some nice video's, but what makes it interesting enough and worth a €1000 drone to keep playing with it after two months? After you took a video of your house, your street, hometown etc?

Its no fun at all and gets quite boring after only 6 weeks actually. There isnt a member on this forum who has owned a phantom more than that time scale. We all just sell up. Might be better off saving $1000 and buy a lawnmower maybe?
Its fun, its addictive, after 6 months you are still learning and it still gets better. Try it and see or maybe you are just a lawnmower man?

It obviously took your interest by even just looking at one grounded in a shop. I have a feeling you could very well be a very happy flyer who has hundreds of comments under your belt on this site in 6 months time ;)

OI Photography said:
Chicks dig it and old ladies fear it. That makes for an ideal hobby in my book :cool:

+100

My phantom has got me so many chicks, caused 3 divorces, I couldn't be happier :lol:

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Its no fun at all and gets quite boring after only 6 weeks actually. There isnt a member on this forum who has owned a phantom more than that time scale. We all just sell up. Might be better off saving $1000 and buy a lawnmower maybe?
Its fun, its addictive, after 6 months you are still learning and it still gets better. Try it and see or maybe you are just a lawnmower man?

Hahahaha.. good one. Love the sarcasm

It gives me more motivation to get out and explore the world, and by world I mean places within an hour drive of my house. As for picking up the ladies, about a week ago I caught the attention of 2 very attractive ladies and they walked right up to me and started talking to me about it and even started flirting a bit until my wife noticed and ran them away lol.

That seems like your fishing like a reporter or something .
If you have to ask this is not a hobby for you most of us like aviation and have been flying before they made the smart technology .
Their was a lot less attention when you had to learn .
If your for real you answered your own question .
GL!

dirkclod said:
On this one did ya find the Lads tooth so the tooth fairy could pay him ? Quadcopter tooth pull: http://youtu.be/SlHHS7IC7M0 :lol:

Haha we never found the tooth but I get around €400 every month in tv and youtube royalties so that makes up much more than the cheap skate tooth fairy could ever fork out. My phantom is well and truly paid for haha

We have an agent who sells the video and they just pay into my paypal account every 31 days. I have to say being interviewed on GMA, CNN, 4 other tv appearances and countless radio interviews was the funniest 2 weeks of our lives. Just have to figure out how to make my 2 and 3 year olds internet viral video stars

It's a little like saying, what's the point of looking at the stars at night. Do that every night just eyes only for 10 minutes for two years and see what it does to you.

Flying is sideways of star gazing but does a lot of the same thing

Being new to quads (I've had my P2 for only 3 weeks), I've found that the thrill of flying is amazing. The build up of preparing for a flight, the actual flight itself, and then getting back home and viewing the video just captured is an awesome experience. Now I have a few flights under my belt and I'm more confident in my investment I've started researching FPV gear, video editing etc. You will not be disappointed with the buzz you get from this hobby, there is so much to learn and experience.

TheGabeMan said:
I was in a shop last week where they sold different drone models and it got me really excited. I can see the fun In flying a drone a few times and making some nice video's, but what makes it interesting enough and worth a €1000 drone to keep playing with it after two months? After you took a video of your house, your street, hometown etc?

What keeps it interesting for me is doing cool stuff like this... https://vimeo.com/100425375

Get a quadcopter, have a blast!

Thank you everyone for your replies. I know it sounded a bit like a strange question, sorry for that, but I really was afraid I would lose interest after some time. I'm gonna give it a try and see if I get caught by the virus. Thanks all!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj