What's going on with DJI?

Reaction score
Sort of curious as to why DJI cannot reach supply for the brick and mortar stores, especially Apple who cannot get the Mavic Pro and has finally taken any guesstimate delivery date off their website. They thought they would get stock last October, but it keeps getting pushed back each month until mid-March and now that is gone too. Best Buy still has no Mavic and took their local display down for it.

With all the anti-drone laws appearing the company who makes the drone chips for both GoPro and DJI, Ambarella, stock has fallen from $75 to $50 in the past 6 months so maybe the industry is beginning to hurt and slow overall?

DJI has been slow to even supply batteries and the SSD cards for their Inspire 2 series, much less seeing much of that model around either. Batteries for their controllers? Good luck.

A lot of drone shops in CA have closed up shop and the largest USA one "Drones Plus" is gone too. Maybe DJI is beginning to hurt too as they seem to be selling product as a one-off builder and direct to customer.

Sort of curious as to why DJI cannot reach supply for the brick and mortar stores, especially Apple who cannot get the Mavic Pro and has finally taken any guesstimate delivery date off their website. They thought they would get stock last October, but it keeps getting pushed back each month until mid-March and now that is gone too. Best Buy still has no Mavic and took their local display down for it.

With all the anti-drone laws appearing the company who makes the drone chips for both GoPro and DJI, Ambarella, stock has fallen from $75 to $50 in the past 6 months so maybe the industry is beginning to hurt and slow overall?

DJI has been slow to even supply batteries and the SSD cards for their Inspire 2 series, much less seeing much of that model around either. Batteries for their controllers? Good luck.

A lot of drone shops in CA have closed up shop and the largest USA one "Drones Plus" is gone too. Maybe DJI is beginning to hurt too as they seem to be selling product as a one-off builder and direct to customer.

That's interesting about the drone shops closing.

A co-worker of mine who's in the production industry told me he had read somewhere they are only producing 100 Mavic Pros a day because they have to be hand-built, kinda like how cell phones are made. They aren't made on an automated assembly line. They are put together by hand.

I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems right.

If that's true, then I can understand why it's been slow. I'm starting to wonder if the industry is going to slow to a crawl as well. This is why I'm going for the FAA 107 cert. I want to make sure if they go crazy with these laws, I can still fly in some form.

I've been reading where some of these towns and counties are making laws that overlap FAA rules and therefore kinda make thier local laws invalid. It's crazy. I read about this stuff every day, trying to absorb the industry and the more I read, the more intimidating it is, but I'm still determined to make something of this.

Reactions: Eddyfisher
A lot of drone shops in CA have closed up shop and the largest USA one "Drones Plus" is gone too.
I think it's likely that stores like Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, Target, etc. are putting these companies out of business. People are already shopping at those stores, so there is really no need for them to go searching for drone specialty shops to make their purchases.

Reactions: V tail
I think it's likely that stores like Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, Target, etc. are putting these companies out of business. People are already shopping at those stores, so there is really no need for them to go searching for drone specialty shops to make their purchases.

Which sucks.

I purposely seeked out a small local, authorized shop to purchase my P4 from. Now they're out of business.

I went to Best Buy to purchase a black battery and they hardly had a clue about a black P4 battery.

What to do......

This is so very true.

I will never forget my introduction to the hobby world. My dad took me to Al's hobby shop in Elmhurst IL. You could get anything model or R/C there. It was always an experience just to go there, look and dream. I wanted and R/C 10 so bad it wasn't funny. My old man told me that if I saved my money, I could by anything in the shop.

Shop is now closed. There really is no place like it to take my kids. Like Heli says...Best Buy and Target are just not a suitable replacement...

Reactions: Helihover
This is so very true.

I will never forget my introduction to the hobby world. My dad took me to Al's hobby shop in Elmhurst IL. You could get anything model or R/C there. It was always an experience just to go there, look and dream. I wanted and R/C 10 so bad it wasn't funny. My old man told me that if I saved my money, I could by anything in the shop.

Shop is now closed. There really is no place like it to take my kids. Like Heli says...Best Buy and Target are just not a suitable replacement...

I share the same memories as a kid with my dad. I still have 2 gold pans:)

Which sucks.

I purposely seeked out a small local, authorized shop to purchase my P4 from. Now they're out of business.

I went to Best Buy to purchase a black battery and they hardly had a clue about a black P4 battery.

What to do......
A friend of mine is a gm of a best buy. They have hundreds of products that they have to learn about on their own time. They get very little training on each and every product.

It's not just phantoms they are uneducated on...it's fitness trackers,bsmart watches, tvs, tablet specs, phones, ect. Tech products move so fast it's nearly impossible to keep your staff up to date on every variation of a device. (White,black,red ect).

Even though he is a good friend of mine, and a dam fine human being in general. I know to do my research before buying a product from them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik