What's going on with DJI GEO?

Reaction score
Is there any update on when it will be released? The beta 1.7 firmware is still listed for Android devices on DJI's GEO page, but it's older than the 1.7 release version and there's been no communication I can find about when the system will be available.

I'm interested because it appears to loosen up the built-in restrictions around airports and other sites (which for the record I would not fly at without the proper notifications). Has DJI abandoned the effort altogether?

GEO is already in. What more you want to have? It was already introduced by DJI Go App 2.5.0 version. Whatever more happens, it happens in background. You won't even know about it. DJI Go App has capability to interact with an external server. It gets the NFZ data and saves on RC.

Not familiar with GEO
GEO is nothing but implementation of no fly zones (NFZ) during aircraft flying. It restricts you from flying in NFZs such as when you are in the vicinity of airport.

Than that's a semi useless app per se.

Actually, it is a bit more complicated than just NFZ.
NFZ were hardcoded into the phantoms firmware (not dji go app) since 2.4 or something?. It could not be overridden and some users where actually living inside a nfz and could not even arm the phantom inside their home.

Geo (still in beta and thus NOT present in 2.5 or 2.6) was introduced to make it possible to self authorize a nfz. It however introduced a lot!! more restrictions on the map.
A storm of protest seems to made it a bit better, but it will be the way forward and can only be prevented by not upgrading past 2.6 or something (seems to be not present in 2.7 but not sure yet.)

So, nfz are already in and hardcoded, geo is not in and once it is in it will be dynamically updated but you can authorize yourself to fly if you are inside a restricted geo zone

Whatever, seriously who is going to understand this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik