What's going on here? Broken remote?

Reaction score
Hello, I purchased a phantom this week from quadrocopter.com and got it today. I have watched all the preflight videos and have also installed the new firmware as recommended in the in the start up manual.

I turn on my remote, i then plug in the battery to the unit. It beeps and goes though the normal startup.
I'm then shown a yellow and red light to recalibrate the compass. I then switch the gps/atti switch 10 times quickly as shown in the video. Nothing happens.

When i try and fire up the motors nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Nothing seems to make the unit respond to the remote. Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

-luke

Nunner said:
Hello, I purchased a phantom this week from quadrocopter.com and got it today. I have watched all the preflight videos and have also installed the new firmware as recommended in the in the start up manual.

I turn on my remote, i then plug in the battery to the unit. It beeps and goes though the normal startup.
I'm then shown a yellow and red light to recalibrate the compass. I then switch the gps/atti switch 10 times quickly as shown in the video. Nothing happens.

When i try and fire up the motors nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Nothing seems to make the unit respond to the remote. Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

-luke
This will make you a little nervous, but unscrew the back cover and make sure that the solders are secure in the top left and right hand corners where the switches are. The should be three maroon wires soldered to the back of each switch. Hope this helps

Thanks for the responses.

I downgraded the firmware to 3.0 and the transmitter worked. I then upgraded back to 3.16 and it continued working. However I have a new issue. No matter what I do the unit doesn't have enough thrust to leave the ground.

The propellers are on properly, I have recalibrated the transmitter, and done the advanced IMU recalibration.

The unit acts the same under 3.0, 3.14, and 3.16 firmware. Anyone have an idea of what could be going on?
Should i just return this one for a replacement?

Here's a video of what's going on: http://youtu.be/GBtjJMosLNU

Thanks friends!

Gizmo3000 said:
When you connect to the NAZA, you might want to verify that the remote is connecting to the Phantom.

Thanks for the response Gizmo3k

Done and all is calibrated properly according to the Naza software. :|

Did you check to make sure the correct craft was selected in the NAZA software? A lot of people are having that issue with the firmware upgrades. (Myself included)

Glockindahaus said:
Did you check to make sure the correct craft was selected in the NAZA software? A lot of people are having that issue with the firmware upgrades. (Myself included)

Should be set to PPM.

Did you take the top off before attaching your props?
I don't see the RED stickers showing front. they should line up with the RED LEDs.
If you took the top off and put it back on even 90 deg out your props will not be on the correct motors if you are following the diagram on the top of the shell.
I almost did that before my first flight but caught myself. :lol:

SCADAMON said:
Did you take the top off before attaching your props?
I don't see the RED stickers showing front. they should line up with the RED LEDs.
If you took the top off and put it back on even 90 deg out your props will not be on the correct motors if you are following the diagram on the top of the shell.
I almost did that before my first flight but caught myself. :lol:

Thanks for the reply.

No... I chose not to put the included stickers on the unit. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers