What's causing these vibrations?

Reaction score
Hello, I was hoping to get some help on an issue I am having. I have the original phantom 1.0 with a zenmuse gimbal system. I have recently started experiencing these high frequency vibrations in my footage. I have a link below with a raw shot showing what I am seeing. I am using stock props and have tried new ones as well. I also have tried balancing the props and still see the strange vibrations. My footage used to be much smoother. Any ideas what may be causing this? Do you think it's the motors themselves? They are not making any unusual noise when spun. Please any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ks1d4DxD8

Wow that is very unique, never seen it before but looks scary!

If your props are balanced there are 2 things you can check:

Plug your bird and TX to your PC and see if your TX is calibrated and make sure this is uncommanded and not coming from the T itself, you can see in the assistant if the levers are centered and not generating an input.

The second is check your motors, is one motor overheating? have some wiggle? if you spin them all 4 with your fingers (one at a time) when the phantom is off (no battery) they all 4 should sound about the same. I diagnosed a bad motor by doing this.

Hope this helps.

Hello and thank you very much for your help. It looks like all is ok in the assistant software. I did replace a motor a while back. Actually seems like it was close to the time I started noticing this. The older motor was making a slight clanky sound and that's why I replaced it. The new motor does seem a bit stiffer when I spin it, but the sounds seems to be consistent. Do you think it could be that motor? Should I just replace with all new motors?

Jbrown83 said:
Hello and thank you very much for your help. It looks like all is ok in the assistant software. I did replace a motor a while back. Actually seems like it was close to the time I started noticing this. The older motor was making a slight clanky sound and that's why I replaced it. The new motor does seem a bit stiffer when I spin it, but the sounds seems to be consistent. Do you think it could be that motor? Should I just replace with all new motors?

I you started noticing this about the same time when you replace the motor then it is possible the motor is defective. It is however hard to say.

I know is a pain and $40 but would be worth to buy a new motor and try it on, if this doesn't fix it then you know it is on the electronics. I certainly hope the motor is the source. You know it is an easy fix vs troubleshooting the Rx.tx, GPS, compass. etc.

Another idea is to sent that link for the video to DJI, they should be able to tell you

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj