What will happen with the current gimbals when GP 4…..

Reaction score
Just wondering what will happen with the current gimbal, both 2D and 3D when the new Go Pro 4 comes out (whenever that is). Hopefully the camera will be the same weight and size, software update on the gimbal?

FASTFJR said:
Just wondering what will happen with the current gimbal, both 2D and 3D when the new Go Pro 4 comes out (whenever that is). Hopefully the camera will be the same weight and size, software update on the gimbal?

Well, if they fit, you can bet people will be stickin' 'em in there, imbalance or not. Do we know anything about the 4 yet?

ianwood said:
FASTFJR said:

Well, if they fit, you can bet people will be stickin' 'em in there, imbalance or not. Do we know anything about the 4 yet?

Nothing, just a lot of internet guessing. Its going to be smaller, lighter etc… God I hope its not too much smaller. Already the little screen is almost useless to me, even with reading glasses on :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think making it smaller is pretty pointless.
I would hope they keep the same size and include in-camera stabilization and 4k@ 30fps.

2trickpony said:
I would hope they keep the same size and include in-camera stabilization and 4k@ 30fps.

Agreed. The size should remain the same but I'd to see 1440s @ 60fps.

FASTFJR said:
I wouldn't of thought they'll change the form factor yet.

2trickpony said:
That would tie-in nicely with it being a '4' :)

I'd be very happy with 2k @ 60fps.

EDIT: I meant 2.7k of course ; )

I'm hoping for the same size as well. Moreso because I want another GoPro for time lapses, ground shots, etc while using the phantom too. I want the best camera on the phantom though and that should be the Hero4, I'm holding off on my new camera purchase for just that reason. Maybe the weight will be less so it'll hold a lens protector and keep balanced in the gimbal. 2.7k @ 60 would be nice, and 4k@30 for when I actually have a display capable of that.

A choice of lenses would be ideal, Hero4 with fisheye lens (wide) or Hero4 with flat lens (narrow), aftermarket ones are expensive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1