What version do I have ???

Reaction score
I just picked up a P3 Professional at Best Buy
I have not opened it yet, but I think I might have got an old version.
I have seen some for sale with W323 B and GL300C on the box
Attached is a pic of the box and the sticker on the side.
I have not opened it yet, so I can still return it if necessary
What are your opinions on this.

Attachments

• djilable.jpg
    djilable.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 720
Does the version matter? After you open it and perform your rc and aircraft updates you will then have the most current version of the P3A...
I'm a totally rookie at this so someone fill us in if I'm wrong please :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That is one of the originals, I would take it back and have them confirm that you getting the newest version

I just picked up a P3 Professional at Best Buy
I have not opened it yet, but I think I might have got an old version.
I have seen some for sale with W323 B and GL300C on the box
Attached is a pic of the box and the sticker on the side.
I have not opened it yet, so I can still return it if necessary
What are your opinions on this.
If you are asking if this has the newer motors, it looks like it does not. The box you posted seems to have the original motors. In case you haven't seen, there have been many long and heated discussions about whether or not it matters in real life (out of lab) flying. You can make your own call on that, or just return it if you know that no matter what it will bug you. :)

I'd return it, because the non-A or B version will also have the older shell, which was prone to cracks and had smaller vents.

Are there any advantages to the older version ??
I'd return it, because the non-A or B version will also have the older shell, which was prone to cracks and had smaller vents.
Yup get a newer one.
When they released the newer motors DJI's marketing people came up with the 7% more efficient line that's created a popular assumption that the newer motors are "better" but there's no difference in performance that you'd be able to detect.
If you want to understand the real differences from someone that knows what they're talking about read this: New or old motors phantom 3

I have both and can't see any difference.
I fly the older one mostly and just keep the newer one as a reserve.

The motors may be the same, but, as I said before, the new shell is more resilient to motor mount cracking.

I would Keep it. Looks like that model is the inbetweener model. The model I have is the very first version WM322 that puts out the most transmitter power from the P3 and came with the GL300A controller which is considered to be the better controller so far (onboard video encoding) and more power output as well.

The model you have puts out more than the latest model as far as power output from the P3 and probably comes with the GL300B controller which I think is the same as the GL300C (latest controller).

The newest P3 model is nuetered even more on power output so I wouldn't want it.

The shell has a 1 year warranty. My v1 original shell has been fine as probably tens of thousands of other v1, v2 and v3 shells have been as well.

I have the model that never got any shell cracks around the motor mounts. It's also been a completely trouble free drone, not a single worry or minute concern.
Updated to every new Pilot~Go App and firmware upgrade the same day they were released, and have had only a blast with this one. Smiles and chuckles abound. The only explosives here were my loud boisterous laughter.

Luck of the draw, or Irish, something like that, with a green rabbits foot, wrapped in four leaf clovers. Ha
Was there ever a question?

RedHotPoker

I've seen a few posts about the newer updated shells that have cracks around the motor mount bolts. You have to wonder if it's more of a bolt torque inconsistency problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The model you have puts out more than the latest model as far as power output from the P3 and probably comes with the GL300B controller which I think is the same as the GL300C (latest controller).

The newest P3 model is nuetered even more on power output so I wouldn't want it.

My v1 original shell has been fine as probably tens of thousands of other v1, v2 and v3 shells have been as well
  • The B and C have some subtle internal differences, including a reinforced RTH button.
  • You spelled "neutered" incorrectly :p
  • The power output is lower to promote efficiency and prevent the motors from damaging the main board/ESCs and to prevent flyaways/crashes
  • There is no v3 shell, only 2 versions. The 'non-A' was old shell, old motors. A = new motors, old shell. B = new motors, new shell

• The B and C have some subtle internal differences, including a reinforced RTH button.
  • You spelled "neutered" incorrectly :p
  • The power output is lower to promote efficiency and prevent the motors from damaging the main board/ESCs and to prevent flyaways/crashes
  • There is no v3 shell, only 2 versions. The 'non-A' was old shell, old motors. A = new motors, old shell. B = new motors, new shell

There are 4 shell revisions pls search and you'll find the info.
I was referring to craft side transmitting power output. Original = most power, then 2nd and 3rd revs reduced incrementally. That info is here as well from DJi's FCC registration info.

I would Keep it. Looks like that model is the inbetweener model. The model I have is the very first version WM322 that puts out the most transmitter power from the P3 and came with the GL300A controller which is considered to be the better controller so far (onboard video encoding) and more power output as well.

The shell has a 1 year warranty. My v1 original shell has been fine as probably tens of thousands of other v1, v2 and v3 shells have been as well.
Actually the W323B and the

What you said is not actually true...

For one a few people with radio signal experience have stated that the power differences are very negligible and one would not notice a difference..
However for the sake of facts and letting people know here is the Skinny once again.
For one the newest bird is the W323B and the newest RC is the GL300C.
The W323B has a slightly lower power output but the power of the newest RC of GL300C is the highest of all 3 models.
If you see below the GL300C is 0.3 where the GL300B is 0.03. One could say that is much more significant. Again several experienced radio guys said this is negligible.

Now if you look at the numbers below.. The power output from the bird is slightly lower. The W323A has 0.6 and the W323B. However again the GL300C that comes with the W323B has tons more transmit power. So I would not exactly say its neutered.

The W323A Phantom 3 Professional has a frequency range of
2406.50000000 2476.50000000 and a power output of 0.6120000

The W323B Phantom 3 Professional has a frequency range of
2406.50000000 - 2476.50000000 and a power output of 0.5200000

The GL300Bcontroller has a frequency range of:
2404.00000000 - 2480.00000000 and a power output of 0.0380000

The GL300C controller has a frequency range of:
2404.00000000 - 2470.00000000 and a power output of 0.3030000

Now lastly I fully understand that when dealing with mass production that often times a company will have issues getting a certain component. Ot the cost goes up on a component and they need to change something which leads to a product revision. This could even happen because they wanted to cut costs etc.

However that is not the only reason to revise a product. It would be silly for DJI to only cut costs and not be in the process of improving their product. This isn't exactly an affordable product. There are plenty of buyers that cannot afford to keep purchasing replacements if they break alot. Some people seem to imply they just leave the product as is with the crack issue, or the fly aways etc.. But that doesn't make much sense.
Plus say their product is defective, they have a warranty. Their warranty could easily increase the cost to their bottom line if they had a massively defective product with no attempts to improve. Not to mention the damage it does to their reputation. Do you not think they notice how their reputation is now? So its kind of ignorant to think that the revisions were not in part design improvements.

I believe some of the comments about neutered design and comments stating that parts were changed just to cut costs are from people that feel slightly screwed by DJI because they already have a W323 and now there is a revision.

I had my hands on a W323A and a W323B at the same time and I can tell you first hand that under the same conditions (same distance, same tablet, same time etc) the W323B live FPV feed to the CL300C was smoother then the feed from the W323A to the CL300B.

There is absolutely no proof of this. Lots of threads with cracks in the later shells. Still, cracking is rare in the general population.

There are too many variables to consider here. The way one flys etc, environmental conditions (care, storage, etc). One should assume that they attempted to try and reduce the cracks. Why would a company leave the design the same with out trying to address the issue.

Anyone here (as in reading this thread) with a W323B or W323A have stress cracks?

Last edited:
Ok. Orig poster as I said, keep the P3 and enjoy it, your good to go.
If you can find a GL300A Controller (eBay) buy it. It is the best controller revision. Slap a DBS Itelite panel on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31