What version do I have? Did I get the right props?

Reaction score
Norman new guy here. Just bought an new older original Phantom. Model says P330. Props all have silver nuts. I bought new props that have one black and one silver nut. Will they work? The RC shop said they were the right ones.

I tried to do firmware upgrade but the assistant said no updates available. MC shows 3.00 version.

Anything else I need to check before flying?

Thanks.

On your remote, is the throttle (left side up/down) stick center-sprung like the rest of the axes, or does it freely move up and down the entire range? If it's sprung, you probably have a v1.1. If it's free, you probably have a v1.0. No real difference other than that.

The props you got with the silver and black nuts probably won't fit. The black nuts are ccw-tightening "self-tightening" nuts, and the older silver-propped motors are all standard cw-tightening. Your choices are to either replace the front right/back left motors, or to get "non-self-tightening" props and continue to use your silver prop nuts.

Not sure why you aren't able to upgrade firmware. Did you download the latest Naza Assistant (version 2.20) from the DJI site? http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/download If you're on Windows, you need to also install the Windows driver. Make sure when you plug in the Phantom to your USB cable, and start Assistant, that you can see it's clearly connected (when you have the remote on, you can see the stick indicators move when you move the sticks). V2.20 software will let you upgrade to the latest firmware, v4.02.

Thanks a bunch. I have a 1.0 then. I did download the latest Naza Assistant (version 2.20) from the DJI site and the driver installed successfully too. I'll try the upgrade again to see what happens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20