What type of Antenna connection is on P4P controller?

Boz

Reaction score
hi guys,

Still researching antenna.
Does anyone know if the P4P controller takes an SMA or Rp-SMA?

Thanks

Neither, unless you mod the controller. The SMA ends come on the cables provided when you buy the mod. One end has the tiny clip-on (like a cell phone), and the other end usually goes to an SMA end. The tiny clip-on is the only connection utilized by the controller itself.
This is the type used internally on the Phantom and controller (small ends):
DBS01.4-3.jpg

Last edited:
hi guys,

Still researching antenna.
Does anyone know if the P4P controller takes an SMA or Rp-SMA?

Thanks
If you are planning to buy a P4P, why are you researching antennas? I don't think you'll need another antenna, as the distance that P4P owners are reporting indicate the range is good.

Also, I believe there may be multiple antennas in each antenna shell for the P4P controller. Since P4P supports 2.4 and 5.8Ghz, it's very likely there are two antenna circuit boards in each of the two antenna shells. That's exactly what DJI did with the Inspire1 to support both frequency bands. The left antenna of a GL658 Inspire controller contains two antennas, and there are two coax cables going to that left antenna.

If my presumptions above are correct, you cannot use a normal aftermarket antenna and simply screw on an antenna with a mod kit. Mod kits for P4P haven't been released to my knowledge, given the multiple bands. If mod kits are released, I would expect more than two coax cables, given the multiple bands for transmit and receive.

Neither, unless you mod the controller. The SMA ends come on the cables provided when you buy the mod. One end has the tiny clip-on (like a cell phone), and the other end usually goes to an SMA end. The tiny clip-on is the only connection utilized by the controller itself.
This is the type used internally on the Phantom and controller (small ends):
DBS01.4-3.jpg
Thanks a lot

what are those cables called? Anyone know where I can get qty3 of each of those cables, same in pic? in fact the mount and screws would be a help also. Is this pic from a parts kit? Dont need the antenna just cables (and mount if in kit). I live in AUS

DBS01.4-3.jpg

The FCC limits signal power output for devices with attached antennas to prevent damage from the RF to the operator. No doubt that the DJI RC is constrained in this regard as it is registered with the FCC for output Watts of 0.598.

The signal needs to be sent and received or acknowledged at both ends so increasing signal strength at the antenna for output and input from the aircraft which does not change the antenna in the AC is not likely to make a great change in range if maintaining two-way communication during the flight is important. I can receive a signal from a cell tower at a far greater distance than that at which my smartphone can successfully send a return signal back to the tower.

I have the Antenna FPVLR Mod (came with the drone).. I have switched from the FPVLR to stock antenna and back, honestly there isn't much of a difference between the FPVLR MOD and OEM antenna.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20